Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• pabs11
10 Aug 2009 08:12
Replied by pabs11 on topic Category Listing

Category Listing

Category: English K2 Community

link;?>">
and add this to the end of the above, to make it one piece of code

pabs said:If someone could tell me how to place code text in a forum post here, I could put the rest of the info in for the post above here.
The forum is preventing me from posting the code - how do I place code in a post ( the code has a link in it too, by the way ) Sorry guys - the solution does work , I just can't get the forum post to accept it

P

pabs said:The solution ( if this is what you want ). This will make your subcategory titles in the subcategory block, links, if you're using the default template in your site. ( I'm still using version 701 btw - not the current 806 upgrade, but it may be the same ) 1. Go to your site via ftp, make a backup of yoursite.com/components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php in case something goes wrong.
2. Around line 71 ( I use the free notepad++ editor ), in category.php and under '<---Subcategory title-->' ,

you should see

and replace with

link;?>">

If you want to then change the font size of the titles, you have to go to

yousite.com/components/com_k2/css/style.css

and look for around line 331

div.itemListCategoryBlock h2.itemListCategoryTitle a {font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size:20px;}

and change the 'font-size:20px' to whatever font-size you want.

It worked for me, and I'm just a cut and paster, but make backups of any files you customise, first, always.

Hope it works for you, P
  • pabs11
10 Aug 2009 08:10

Category Listing

If someone could tell me how to place code text in a forum post here, I could put the rest of the info in for the post above here.

The forum is preventing me from posting the code - how do I place code in a post ( the code has a link in it too, by the way ) Sorry guys - the solution does work , I just can't get the forum post to accept it

P

pabs said:The solution ( if this is what you want ). This will make your subcategory titles in the subcategory block, links, if you're using the default template in your site. ( I'm still using version 701 btw - not the current 806 upgrade, but it may be the same )
1. Go to your site via ftp, make a backup of yoursite.com/components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php in case something goes wrong.

2. Around line 71 ( I use the free notepad++ editor ), in category.php and under '<---Subcategory title-->' ,

you should see

and replace with

link;?>">

div.itemListCategoryBlock h2.itemListCategoryTitle a {font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size:20px;}

It worked for me, and I'm just a cut and paster, but make backups of any files you customise, first, always.

Hope it works for you, P
  • pabs11
10 Aug 2009 07:50

Category Listing

The solution ( if this is what you want ). This will make your subcategory titles in the subcategory block, links, if you're using the default template in your site. ( I'm still using version 701 btw - not the current 806 upgrade, but it may be the same )

1. Go to your site via ftp, make a backup of yoursite.com/components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php in case something goes wrong.

you should see

and replace with

link;?>">

Hope it works for you, P
  • iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.
10 Aug 2009 01:14
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Error on Category creation....

Error on Category creation....

Yes, its all pretty good so far.

A little bit scary for the uninitiated..... looks like there must have been a design decision to reduce problems with string handling to use the mbstring functions... would have been nice to make a note of those and include it in the comms.... but I know how these things work, there has been a huge amount of work on this release and this bit has been missed...

Hope folk pick it up here.

If anyone is tracking this from K2 - it would be good to begin a different Topic with known 'bugs' and solutions????

thanks

george

Wolf Kuhlemeier said:Thanks George...We'll try to get something done on this. Has it solved your problems?
Wolf

George Szubinski said:ok resolved now: Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.

also www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39431 for more background.

All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.

george

George Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions: mine in the code looks like:
mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");
$this->alias = trim(mb_strtolower($this->alias));
$this->alias = str_replace('-', ' ', $this->alias);
$this->alias = mb_ereg_replace(':space:+', ' ', $this->alias);
$this->alias = trim(str_replace(' ', '-', $this->alias));
$this->alias = str_replace('.', '', $this->alias);

$stripthese = ',|~|!|@|%|^|(|)|<|>|:|;|{|}|[|]|&|`|„|‹|’|‘|“|�|•|›|«|´|»|°';
$strips = explode('|', $stripthese);
foreach ($strips as $strip) {
$this->alias = str_replace($strip, '', $this->alias);

So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in php

HELP PLEASE!!!

George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade... I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish.... So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46

Can we please have some guidance on what we are doing wrong please....!!!!

george
  • Wolf Kuhlemeier
09 Aug 2009 15:31
Replied by Wolf Kuhlemeier on topic Error on Category creation....

Thanks George...We'll try to get something done on this. Has it solved your problems?

Wolf

George Szubinski said:ok resolved now:
Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.

All you need to do is go and edit your php.ini file - search for mbstring and remove the comment to enable it and resave your ini file. Go and restart Apache.

george

George Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions: mine in the code looks like:

So I need someone with mysql knowledge to tell me how I enable this - or is it something we need to enable in php

HELP PLEASE!!!

George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade... I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....
So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\curry2\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46

george
09 Aug 2009 10:03

ok resolved now:

Wolf - look at www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthread.php?t=10335517 for background.

george

George Szubinski said:ok, these seem to be using new functions:
mine in the code looks like:

HELP PLEASE!!!

George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade... I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....

So, just tried to add a category, entered a name, pressed save and bang same error as previous poster.

george
09 Aug 2009 01:52

ok, these seem to be using new functions:

mine in the code looks like:

HELP PLEASE!!!

George Szubinski said:I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...
I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....

george
09 Aug 2009 01:25

I had this and I put it down to the fact that I did a new install and should have done an upgrade...

I have now built a brand new Joomla site 1.5.14 and installed simple image and the full K2 from unified installer - all I had was warning because I do not have joofish....

george
  • Bryan Smith
09 Aug 2009 00:23

Where's the CSS Link Code - Not showing in code after upgrade

My site is looking a little funky after the upgrade to 2.0 stable.
ogdencityarts.org/

I did a compare of K2 Upgrade vs. K2 New Install and it appears as if the link code for the CSS file is missing from the upgrade site.

I'm not sure how or where to correct this.

please help!
  • Bryan Smith
08 Aug 2009 21:59

Updated to newest build and all seems ok except the CSS

looks like there's no call to the k2 styles from the head of the document.

ogdencityarts.org/news/ogden-arts-a-events/item/75-adventures-crossroads.html

missing from my k2 ugrade site

I don't know what to say at this point. I don't know when that get's inserted in the code. So anyone else out there know!!

still can't get galleries to work either on this site. even after the upgrade.
  • Bryan Smith
08 Aug 2009 21:47

I'm having the same issue. Doing some investigating right now. Comparing new K2 install with K2 upgrade
  • EBC Computers
08 Aug 2009 14:27

Ive upgraded from the pre-release to the latest build and everything seems ok except that the K2 content has lost its css formatting i.e. the rating stars no longer look the same etc.

I can see the upgrade package includes a style.css file, but it doesnt appear to be part of the rendered page.

See: crx.goingloco.org

Can anyone give me any clues please?

Thanks in anticipation.
  • Mike C
08 Aug 2009 03:11

Upgrade 1.0.1 Beta to 2.0 stable? OR Import comments?

I took a chance and exported my comments to a CSV file and then uninstalled K2 1 and installed K2 2.0. It looks like the comments table is of the same structure so I don't anticipate any problem importing the comments back into SQL from the CSV. You just have to make sure that you create your items first and note the itemID so you can add that to the CSV..
  • Claudio Azevedo
08 Aug 2009 01:14
BUG editing page profile in K2 RC > K2 Final was created by Claudio Azevedo

BUG editing page profile in K2 RC > K2 Final

Hello

i'm a user of k2, i have made some customizations in k2 (however only in templates), but, now i upgrade my K2 RC do K2 final when in the front end the user (or mee, admin) open "My account" to edit the profiles or add an picture the fields not show, its shows like the same joomla account editing, no user avatar, no user description, noting!

some ideas?

thnks

sorry for this not-so-good-english
  • Xcantion
07 Aug 2009 21:52
Catgeorie Picture Problem was created by Xcantion

Catgeorie Picture Problem

Hello everybody!!! I have a little Problem...

I have upgrade the k2 component everything works fine but one problem... i have changed few categorie pictures... now the pictures will not be displayed....

i have watchted the proberties.... i see following url...

domain.eu/media/k2/categories/http://domain.eu/media/k2/categories/9.png

that cant be right ....
at the attachments is my htaccess ....

but!!!! before i have upgrade the k2 component works with categorie pictures ... with THIS htaccess...

i think its a little bug :P
07 Aug 2009 18:56
Replied by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd. on topic Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category

Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category

ah now I see it - I had huge problems clicking on the link - Stopzilla thinks its a malicious website

so I struggled and managed to save link as - but the wrong link and no instructions, got the right one now...

I'll go tesr

Lownotes said:there are two different K2 downloads. one for new installs, one for upgrades.
the upgrades has instructions.

b

George Szubinski said:Thanks, I did notice people commenting about following the install procedures. There are none in the root of the zip I have here - attached - do me favour and post them here. Lownotes said:did you read the upgrade instructions? doesn't sound like it. They're in a text file at the root of the zip. don't know what to tell you at this point.
my upgrade worked almost flawlessly, with no loss of anything.
  • Mike C
07 Aug 2009 18:56

Upgrade 1.0.1 Beta to 2.0 stable? OR Import comments?

I'm really only concerned with all the comments I spent time importing into the first version of K2; don't mind re-creating the items if need be..
  • Bryan Smith
07 Aug 2009 18:19
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category

there are two different K2 downloads. one for new installs, one for upgrades.

the upgrades has instructions.

b

George Szubinski said:Thanks, I did notice people commenting about following the install procedures. There are none in the root of the zip I have here - attached - do me favour and post them here.
Lownotes said:did you read the upgrade instructions? doesn't sound like it. They're in a text file at the root of the zip. don't know what to tell you at this point.

my upgrade worked almost flawlessly, with no loss of anything.
07 Aug 2009 09:24
Upgraded to v2.0: - Error adding New Category was created by iImagine 'n' iKnow Ltd.

Hi

I de-installed the old version of K2 and installed v2.0

As expected all categories and items have gone.

Tried creating new category just with a title - got error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\test3\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46

george
  • Marlon West
07 Aug 2009 01:20
Replied by Marlon West on topic Blank page in Administrator when editing category

Blank page in Administrator when editing category

Hello,

Same issue here. After following upgrade procedures I get php errors when i try and save categories or items. I haven't attempted to save any other type. Here's some errors:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/antimttr/public_html/blah/administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2item.php on line 71, referer: blah.antimttr.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&cid=10
Displaying 2221 - 2240 out of 2250 results.