Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• Bryan Smith
06 Aug 2009 21:25

upgrade problems - 2.0 pre to 2.0 Stable - Home Page DOWN

Category: English K2 Community

I haven't done a template overwrite yet.

do you have a sample you could share. I'm guessing it goes into /mod_k2_content/tmpl

little foggy on this one

Ivo Apostolov said:I noted this as well. If you open the modules there are so calledThese are outside the if's used to determine what to display or not. If you move these one row above (prior to closing endif) this will fix the issue. However I recommend you to make this as a template overwrite, rather than hacking the core module itself.
Ivo
  • Bryan Smith
06 Aug 2009 21:05

upgrade problems - 2.0 pre to 2.0 Stable - Home Page DOWN

Went through the instructions carefully and thoroughly.

Warning: require(/home/dataz1/public_html/ogdencityarts.org/modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl//default.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dataz1/public_html/ogdencityarts.org/modules/mod_k2_content/mod_k2_content.php on line 24

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/dataz1/public_html/ogdencityarts.org/modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl//default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dataz1/public_html/ogdencityarts.org/modules/mod_k2_content/mod_k2_content.php on line 24
  • Mike C
06 Aug 2009 20:38

Upgrade 1.0.1 Beta to 2.0 stable? OR Import comments?

Hello, I have been anxiously awaiting K2 2.0 stable. When I tried to install it, it gave me the error saying that the K2 folder was already being used. Does this package not upgrade?

My main concern is the comments that I've imported to v1 of K2. Can I export those comments to a series of CSV files, then uninstall K2 1.0 and install 2.0 stable, create the new items and reimport my comments into SQL?
  • Dave Arnesen
30 Jul 2009 14:00
Replied by Dave Arnesen on topic Adding Item image fails (image prefix error?)

Adding Item image fails (image prefix error?)

Yeah still no progress for me, I also can't see any errors in the server logs but nothing is being uploaded to the k2 image directory.

Regarding RokStories; have you got the latest version of this from RocketTheme? I know they have recently released upgrades of some modules to make them k2 compatible, not sure if they have done for RokStories.

Dave

Rolf Erik Paulsen said:Hi Lefteris and Dave (or anybody else with a suggestion :), do you have any suggestions as to how I could debug this problem? I can not find any errors in the logs (maybe I have not been able to turn them on properly), and no other error-indication shows up when uploading image.

Btw, when using RokStories with a "regular" inline image (which I can see in the article), the image is not displayed as the big feature picture. The RokStories "arrows" on each side of the big picture is there, but no picture - just the loading-placeholder is shown instead of the image on the site.

I have also tried reinstalling several times :)

Could encoding be a cause? UTF-8 ?

I'm kind of stuck here ... any help would be appreciated :) Thanks
  • Mark Banks
11 Jul 2009 12:27
Replied by Mark Banks on topic i need help please....Help me

i need help please....Help me

Sara, you need to speak to the rocket theme people about their extensions - I've no experience with using their stuff. Rocket them did post a message on this forum saying they had upgraded a couple of Rocket extensions to be compatible with K2. If you search the forum you should find that info, otherwise the rocket theme website will have details.

K2 display - once you've created a few categories and a few items for each one, go to the K2 modules that were automatically installed along with K2 version 2. You'll see one named K2 Tools. The module has 5 or 6 different uses - the simplest thing to do is check out the different options/functions that the module has - then copy the module 5 times, rename each copy as one of the options i.e. K2 ToolsSearch, K2 Tools TagCloud, K2 Tools Category Menu, K2 Tools Calendar etc, and publish them and just see what they do.

With your categories make sure you have one Parent Category - HOME and all the other categories that you have should be sub categories of HOME - that way the K2 Category Menu will publish a useful menu for K2 content/item navigation.

I've got no idea about the parse error.

The suffix - if that is to do with your template, I imagine that rocket theme have some documentation that should explain what the suffix codes are for displaying you modules.

Hope that helps a bit,
Mark
  • Drew Hendricks
07 Jul 2009 08:33
Replied by Drew Hendricks on topic Replicate K2 demo site front page category listing.

Replicate K2 demo site front page category listing.

We have replicated it but it entails digging into the php and tweaking the css.

Set up a top level category. (in version 1 you could utilize a top level template. Here we have found you have to fake it) Assign your subcategories to the top level parent. There are other posts that tell you how to do this.

In the default php view (around line 60) delete the echo subcategories line.

You then have to make the title linkable. Strangely, the image is href'd to the subcategory, but the title is not. You have to add your own href tag. I would think a lot of these things will be made optional in future releases. We are making good notes on what we change so that we can upgrade.

In the css you have to create your own css in order to mimic the boxes around the subcategories.
  • JoomlaWorks
02 Jul 2009 18:13
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Fatal Error - Cannot redeclare class Services_JSON

Fatal Error - Cannot redeclare class Services_JSON

You get this error cause some other is using the same "php class". We have resolved this in the latest K2 update.

You're advised to upgrade by simply overriding the old files with the new ones.
  • Oceanwatcher
29 Jun 2009 02:31
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic How I remove E-mail from Author Information?

How I remove E-mail from Author Information?

I suspected that...

Never got 1.0.2b to run at all. I am running K2v2pre and it is working very well. I recommend you upgrade. Unfortunately, I am totally unable to help you with your version. Sorry.
  • EFISAUDE SL
25 Jun 2009 14:57
Upgrade to 2.0.0 from version 1.0.2 was created by EFISAUDE SL

Upgrade to 2.0.0 from version 1.0.2

Is it possible to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 2.0.0?
If so, where can I find a walkthrough?

My main concern is to keep the data we have in place intact, since K2 is being used in a production website.
  • JoomlaWorks
24 Mar 2009 00:04 - 26 Aug 2009 11:53

AllVideos v2.5.4 out! Updated media players, now supporting JoomlaWorks K2

Category: AllVideos

AllVideos (by JoomlaWorks) is truely THE all-in-one media management solution for Joomla! and a classic must-have extension for any Joomla! based website.

You can use the plugin to easily embed videos hosted on popular services like YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo (and many more) inside your Joomla! articles (content items). Additionally, it allows you to playback almost any video/audio filetype directly from your server or a remote server, giving you the competitive edge when it comes to rich media content.

--- WHY ALLVIDEOS? ---
- You don't have to copy/paste huge blocks of HTML code, just to get a video from YouTube to playback on your Joomla! website! Your WYSIWYG editor loves it and so will you and your clients!
- You use simple and descriptive plugin tags like {youtube}heu37ej3qs{/youtube}, {flv}batman_darknight{/flv} or {mp3}pixies_bonemachine{/mp3}.

--- HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF ALLVIDEOS ---
AllVideos is basically smart, cheap and now flexible content streaming for anyone:
- You can use, for example, YouTube to upload your videos and then embed them inside your site without consuming your server's bandwidth or having to spend money on expensive video conversion software!
- You can upload nearly any type of video or audio content and display them on your website, coming either directly from your server or from a remote server!

--- FEATURES ---
1. Dozens of video providers supported, including localized versions of YouTube and Google Video (e.g. es.youtube.com).
2. Stream your own media content, using the most popular video or audio formats for the web (flv, swf, mov, mp4, wmv, wma, mp3, 3gp, divx). You can even use high-definition videos!
3. Easily embed your media content either directly from your server or a remote server!
4. Simple controls inside the plugin's parameters page provide layout consistency on all the videos shown in your Joomla! website. Set your preferences in seconds, publish the plugin and you're ready to start streaming content!
5. Easy, descriptive syntax for media embedding - {format/provider}filename{/format/provider}. You can also use syntax like {format/provider}filename|width|height{/format/provider} (e.g. {youtube}he73js822|600|450{/youtube}) to display videos at different dimensions!
6. Skinnable! AllVideos uses CSS templates to wrap the players, we provide 2 to get you started.

--- LEARN MORE ---
Visit the full description page for AllVideos at: www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/16/42/

--- CHANGELOG ---
v2.5.4: Updated players for Flash and Windows Media content, added support for K2 - k2.joomlaworks.net

--- UPGRADING ---
To upgrade, simply uninstall your current AllVideos plugin and then install the latest v2.5.4.
Displaying 2241 - 2250 out of 2250 results.