Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• PRE ART
10 Oct 2018 10:23

No extra field on latest item after upgrade to 2.9

Category: English K2 Community

Hello.
After upgrade to K2 2.9 and save changes to article I don't have extra fields in latest item view (K2 » Latest items from (one or more) users or categories) I have my own k2 templates (override), but I checked default template after this problem came out. There is no extra fields. How can I fix this?
  • Roberto
05 Oct 2018 16:17

spammers targetting /component/k2/itemlist/user/

Hello
A few hours ago we have upgraded
Joomla to 3.7.5
K2 to version 2.9.0
In Global Configuration / K2 / Advanced we changed Control-K2-User... to Enabled

The traffic problem seems improved a little, but it is still there.
When the site is on, the server registers a lot of I/O usage traffic, when it is off, the traffic is low.
This is a very simple site and its own normal traffic should be very low.

I think the I/O usage high rate is due to the elaboration of calls made by the spamming links that point to /component/k2/itemlist/user/
Even if user is not accessible, the link calls are using resources.
The spamming users had ID from 200 to about 450. I would like to block all of them in the .htaccess.
Let me know how I can stop them before they are elaborated by the system.

Thanks
  • Roberto
05 Oct 2018 01:03

spammers targetting /component/k2/itemlist/user/

Hello
Thanks for your very fast reply.
Actually I am still using an old version (2.6.9), I will try to upgrade in couple of days and keep you informed about the results.
Thank you.
  • JoomlaWorks
27 Sep 2018 17:09
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Error after K2 2.9.0 upgrade

Error after K2 2.9.0 upgrade

We don't implement that class ("Countable") in our code. It probably comes from a 3rd party extension that integrates/extends K2 content. Look at your Plugin Manager first.
  • Helmut
26 Sep 2018 13:23
Error after K2 2.9.0 upgrade was created by Helmut

Error after K2 2.9.0 upgrade

Hi,

after upgrading to the newest K2 version every article starts with:
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/.sites/43/site4952321/web/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 76

and ends with:
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/.sites/43/site4952321/web/components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 248

Joomla 3.8.12
MySQLi 5.5.59
PHP 7.2.10

Any ideas? - Thanks
  • Adem B
25 Sep 2018 16:22
Replied by Adem B on topic Lightbox + responsive images for K2

Lightbox + responsive images for K2

I upgraded k2 to latest version (2.9x) but modal (lightbox?) function was lost. I mean doesn't work anymore. I checked k2 demo page demo.getk2.org/categories/story/224/morbi-adipiscing-sapien-non-tellus but it doesnt work there too.
How can we fix this problem?
  • JoomlaWorks
23 Sep 2018 18:02
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Set ItemID for links from k2 Content module?

Set ItemID for links from k2 Content module?

You mentioned sh404SEF but I forgot to ask... Do you have this? www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial/k2-plugin-for-sh404sef

You'll need it for sh404SEF to work with K2 v2.7.0+.

If you already have that, it could be a faulty override. First off, upgrade to the latest K2 release (v2.9.0). Then have a look at the templating guide here: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

Disable any overrides by adding an underscore in front of the related module name inside your template's /html folder, e.g. rename /html/mod_k2_content to /html/_mod_k2_content. Clean site and sh404SEF caches. Does this issue still occur?
  • JoomlaWorks
21 Sep 2018 18:51
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic k2 attachments with wrong links

k2 attachments with wrong links

2.9.0 was just released. I think (seeing when you posted this) you stumbled on an issue identifying a little before issuing the final release. So now you can safely upgrade (you should also see 2.9.0 in the Joomla installer).
  • JoomlaWorks
21 Sep 2018 10:44
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic k2 attachments with wrong links

k2 attachments with wrong links

First off, upgrade to the latest dev release of K2: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

Then clean your site's cache.

Let me know if that solves your issue.
  • doberk
18 Sep 2018 11:34 - 18 Sep 2018 11:37

how to insert additional data in the database when creating an item

Sambroza wrote: You can do this with a K2 plugin.
Find here an example plugin: github.com/getk2/k2-example-plugin/blob/master/example.php

You can hook your additional actions on the

onAfterK2Save
method.
function onAfterK2Save($row, $isNew) { // Do something here }

Hello, I was trying to create a plugin, but it doesn't work for me. This is my plugin code:

file blogNotifyPlugin.php:
<?php // no direct access defined('_JEXEC') or die ; // Load the K2 Plugin API JLoader::register('K2Plugin', JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_k2/lib/k2plugin.php'); // Initiate class to hold plugin events class blogNotifyPlugin extends K2Plugin { public $pluginName = 'blogNotifyPlugin'; public $pluginNameHumanReadable = 'Blog Notify Plugin'; public function __construct(&$subject, $params){ parent::__construct($subject, $params); } public function onAfterK2Save(&$row, $isNew){ echo '<script>alert("onAfterK2Save event");</script>'; die(); return true; } }

and file blogNotifyPlugin.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <extension version="2.5" type="plugin" group="k2" method="upgrade"> <name>Blog Notify Plugin</name> <author>Doberk</author> <creationDate>18/09/2018</creationDate> <copyright></copyright> <authorEmail></authorEmail> <authorUrl></authorUrl> <version>1.0</version> <description>test plugin</description> <files> <filename plugin="blogNotifyPlugin">blogNotifyPlugin.php</filename> </files> </extension>

The plugin was installed from the backend using joomla installer, and installation worked good. The files was uploaded to /plugins/k2/blogNotifyPlugin folder. I have published the plugin with public access after installation. It should show a popup after creating new items, but nothing happens. Where am I wrong? I create new items from backend.

Thanks.
  • JoomlaWorks
14 Sep 2018 19:20
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Parameter must be an array

Parameter must be an array

K2 v2.9.0 is coming on Monday Sept. 17th. Please grab the dev version from github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip (marked as 2.8.1 so you can upgrade to 2.9.0 when it's out) and check again. If you still see the issue, report back please to have a look as we may have fixed this already.
  • JoomlaWorks
05 Sep 2018 15:01

Recaptcha problem: 'could not verify that you are not a robo

Can you please update to the latest K2 dev version first?

We're only a few days away from the final 2.9.0 release (the dev version is marked as 2.8.1 so you can upgrade to 2.9.0 final when it's ready).
  • JoomlaWorks
30 Aug 2018 01:07
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Problem adding images frontend

Problem adding images frontend

Use the K2 dev version github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip and make sure you upgrade Joomla (if you haven't already).

This is most probably a CSS or JS conflict from your template or some 3rd party system/K2 plugin.
  • Klaus Veliu
27 Aug 2018 21:49
Will K2 be fully compatible with Joomla 4! was created by Klaus Veliu

Will K2 be fully compatible with Joomla 4!

Hello,

As we all know Joomla versions are evolving, but the new major upgrade will be version 4.
I was wondering if K2 will be supported and maintained for Joomla 4?

Thank you!
  • Langagemachine
23 Aug 2018 19:53
Replied by Langagemachine on topic Can not select a K2 item link from a Menu.

Can not select a K2 item link from a Menu.

Hi Fotis.
Thanks.
I test but i don't have helix plugin.
I disable all framework plugins the prinscreen : prntscr.com/km47w
i upgrade to v 2.8.1 but it's not changing
I can give you a access to my backend.

Regards
Mande
  • Nadal Kumar
04 Aug 2018 20:28
Replied by Nadal Kumar on topic SoftOne using Joomla! & K2

SoftOne using Joomla! & K2

Just a revisit!

Joomla devs remained stubborn about adding various useful methods to the core (custom fields, tags) for way too long, so SoftOne and many other previous Joomla users now use WordPress. Joomla still lacks a sensible user-friendly media manager and WYSIWYG editor. Tags, CCK and intuitive media manager functions are primarily what made WP very attractive to end users and developers.

The SEF method of Joomla needs improvement. A simple user should not have to invest in a complex third party extension such as SH404sef just to get proper URLs to grow their SEO. A page with a menu item at site/the-great-page, can still be sourced as site/component/k2/item/34 and site/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=34&Itemid=134. This should not occur. The core SEF system should rewrite all URLs to the page as site/the-great-page.

Additionally, each major Joomla version change came with absolute chaos. Many extensions failed, websites broke due to database incompatibility, and the owners had to spend significant time or money to correct errors or perform complex upgrades. Now it seems similar problems are looming with version 4.

If not for the mighty K2, maybe 30% of Joomla users would have switched to another system.
  • Krikor Boghossian
24 Jul 2018 20:10
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic ratings - not working after upgrade

ratings - not working after upgrade

Hello,

Are you getting any JS errors in your browser's developer tools' console tab?
Is the loading of jQuery enabled in K2's settings?
  • lusi djudjeto
24 Jul 2018 18:47
ratings - not working after upgrade was created by lusi djudjeto

ratings - not working after upgrade

I use joomla 3.8.7
Today I upgrade to k2 version 2.8.0 and after upgrade I see ratings are not working now.
When I try to rate my articles I just get # at the end of the url address and nothing happens.
Any help with that?
  • lusi djudjeto
23 Jul 2018 14:36 - 23 Jul 2018 15:22
Replied by lusi djudjeto on topic How to add hours and minutes to start publishing date

How to add hours and minutes to start publishing date

I even don't have the clock in the calendar menu..
And in articles it always show 00:00..
When I type the exact hour manually it just erase it

Normal joomla articles clock works good only with k2 is the problem
I am using joomla 3.8.7
K2 version is 2.6.8

If I upgrade to K2 version 2.8.0 will I loose any K2 articles,categories,tags etc..??
  • Krikor Boghossian
18 Jun 2018 23:36

After upgrade K2 2.80 don't show correctly module in administrator

I am sorry but I do not think I can assist you with a 3rd party module.
I would suggest contacting a Joomla!/ K2 Developer. joomreem is a dependable developer.
Displaying 261 - 280 out of 2250 results.