Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Upgrade k2)

• MG
07 Nov 2017 12:50 - 07 Nov 2017 12:51

problem with article's page after upgrade to 2.8.0

Category: English K2 Community

Hey all,

I've an issue after upgrade K2 plugin into the newest version ( from 2.7.1 to 2.8.0).
The problem is related with article's page which displays home page instead of content of that article.
An interesting thing is that title in browser's tab and meta description has proper values.

I've tried to enable SEF links with various configuration options with no luck

Have someone any ideas how can I fix that issue?

imgur.com/OxwN3zd
  • migors
06 Nov 2017 15:58
Replied by migors on topic 0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax Error

0 Error decoding JSON data: Syntax Error

Hi friends, i have the similar problem. I have joomla 3.8.1 website with more than 1700 articles. I upgraded the page form joomla 2.5 to 3. Everything is working nice. I installed k2, imported articles and all works nice except in k2 admin i can not open any item the error is:
Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

Manual editing is not an option. An deleting meta data is not an option, All articles has meta data.

I tried fix from gihub it does not helped. Core files is not an option.

what can i do?
Thanks
  • Philipp Schmidt
03 Nov 2017 12:50 - 03 Nov 2017 12:52
Replied by Philipp Schmidt on topic Call to undefined method K2HelperHTML::loadjQuery()

Call to undefined method K2HelperHTML::loadjQuery()

After some debugging and digging in, i found that the reason for that issue is a k2 plugin which I wrote for the client. That plugin uses that xml manifest file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <extension version="2.5" type="plugin" group="k2" method="upgrade"> <creationDate>March 17th, 2015</creationDate> <copyright>All rights reserved.</copyright> <description>A Plugin creating an extra field type to link to k2 items or categories</description> <files> <filename plugin="link">link.php</filename> </files> <fields group="item-content" addfieldpath="/administrator/components/com_k2/elements/"> <fieldset addfieldpath="/plugins/k2/link/elements"> <field name="lnk_item" type="item" default="" label="K2_ADD_ITEMS" description="K2_USE_THIS_TO_ADD_ITEMS_TO_THE_LIST_BELOW" /> <!-- <field name="lnk_items" type="litems" default="" label="K2_DRAG_AND_DROP_TO_REORDER_ITEMS" description="K2_DRAG_AND_DROP_TO_REORDER_ITEMS_CLICK_THE_REMOVE_ICON_TO_REMOVE_AN_ITEM_FROM_THE_LIST"/> --> <field name="lnk_only" type="radio" default="0" label="link only" description="If set to Yes, the item itself will not appear in any Category listing but its Link instead"> <option value="0">JNO</option> <option value="1">JYES</option> </field> <!-- <field name="lnk_category" type="lcategoriesmultiple" default="" label="K2_SELECT_ONE_OR_MORE_CATEGORIES" description="K2_SELECT_ONE_ORE_MORE_CATEGORIES_FOR_WHICH_YOU_WANT_TO_FILTER_AN_ITEMS_LIST_SELECT_NONE_TO_FETCH_ITEMS_FROM_ALL_CATEGORIES"/> --> </fieldset> </fields> <fields group="category" addfieldpath="/administrator/components/com_k2/elements/"> <fieldset addfieldpath="/plugins/k2/link/elements"> <field name="lnk_item" type="item" default="" label="K2_ADD_ITEMS" description="K2_USE_THIS_TO_ADD_ITEMS_TO_THE_LIST_BELOW" /> <!-- <field name="lnk_items" type="litems" default="" label="K2_DRAG_AND_DROP_TO_REORDER_ITEMS" description="K2_DRAG_AND_DROP_TO_REORDER_ITEMS_CLICK_THE_REMOVE_ICON_TO_REMOVE_AN_ITEM_FROM_THE_LIST"/> <field name="lnk_category" type="lcategoriesmultiple" default="" label="K2_SELECT_ONE_OR_MORE_CATEGORIES" description="K2_SELECT_ONE_ORE_MORE_CATEGORIES_FOR_WHICH_YOU_WANT_TO_FILTER_AN_ITEMS_LIST_SELECT_NONE_TO_FETCH_ITEMS_FROM_ALL_CATEGORIES"/> --> </fieldset> </fields> </extension>

All the comment blocks show fields which cause the error. So with those fields commented out, the error does not appear. What is wrong with that configuration?
  • william white
01 Nov 2017 02:51
Replied by william white on topic Blank Screen

Blank Screen

Reguardless of how you do it, you must keep upgrading joomla, k2, and all other extensions you use to be secure
Testing and backup before upgrade is the only way to avoid problems
Krikor has mentioned in his posts that there are known issues with some plugins. You might read thru his posts.
I would disable the k2 plugins one at a time to start since k2 seems the problem
I would also test with default joomla template as many times the issue has been the template
  • william white
31 Oct 2017 13:40
Replied by william white on topic [SOLVED] Change name Additional info

[SOLVED] Change name Additional info

Search the language files for K2 for the text you want to change. Create a language override file and change the text there and your change wont be lost on upgrade.
You could also hard code it in the override if you are using k2 template overrides if you need different values for different categories
  • william white
17 Oct 2017 14:40
Replied by william white on topic Joomla Update

Joomla Update

Backup before upgrade!
Your modifications should be in overrides of K2 in order to be upgrade safe
Joomla upgrade should not touch any k2 files, although you should update all templates, extensions and plugins prior to upgrading joomla so as not to have problems.
That would include k2 if you havent hacked the core of k2
  • william white
13 Oct 2017 04:35
Replied by william white on topic k2 v 2.8.0

k2 v 2.8.0

Please see here www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/48113-k2-2-8-is-it-a-security-release,-really#163466
You should upgrade to 2.8
There is probably a plugin interfering with the save/update.
There are also several threads here about the same kind of problem
  • Krikor Boghossian
12 Oct 2017 18:16
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic After upgrade k2 to version 2.8.0, k2 items stops working

After upgrade k2 to version 2.8.0, k2 items stops working

If you are using any caching layers, updates are not seen directly.
The link you sent us the other day had different elements (almost everything was hidden) so I am assuming the settings work.
  • Nirmal S Dhar
11 Oct 2017 22:01

No, everything was working fine earlier. This issue has occurred just few days back.
  • Krikor Boghossian
11 Oct 2017 18:25
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic After upgrade k2 to version 2.8.0, k2 items stops working

Make sure that the category you are editing is not inheriting its settings from another category.
  • Nirmal S Dhar
11 Oct 2017 15:27

I am using default k2 template and code is also not overridden.

I know Joomla is up to 3.8.1 but I expect k2 2.8.0 must work in Joomla 3.7.5

What do you think will be the issue?
  • william white
11 Oct 2017 14:52

Check your item for content
Try using the default template if you are overriding the template. if it works there is something wrong in your override code.
BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP before updating.
A plugin that is not compatible could also be causing the issue
Joomla is now up to 3.8.1. Remember to upgrade extensions and plugins before upgrading or disable them
  • Nirmal S Dhar
11 Oct 2017 11:24 - 11 Oct 2017 13:30

Hi,

I had recently upgraded k2 to latest version. I have Joomla 3.7.5 and new version of k2 is compatible with this but still k2 page is totally blank.

I tried to edit template and noted that conditions like <?php if($this->item->params->get('itemTitle')): ?> are not working.. which simple means it is not reading params.

May I know any particular reason behined this?

Reference link: gossip.guide/celebrities/carpool-karaoke-miley-cyrus-reflects-on-her-hannah-montana-past-and-plays-how-high-were-you

Thanks
Nirmal
  • welon44
09 Oct 2017 20:05

Mod K2 Content shows current date and time for article

It happens only for some articles in module. I upgraded Joomla last week for the newest version. It was also in the previous version of k2. Articles are added by to people. I have no idea where is problem.
  • william white
09 Oct 2017 19:05
Replied by william white on topic Mod K2 Content shows current date and time for article

Mod K2 Content shows current date and time for article

Does this happen with some items displayed in the module or to all of them.
If some, is there any difference in the way the items were created (ie: were the ones created, created after an upgrade of k2 or j?)
  • hehehuhu
06 Oct 2017 09:58

Items cannot load after "show more" button

Hy All!

I've a bit of problem whiot K2 extension.

Joomla verison - Joomla! 3.8.1 Stable [ Amani ]
K2 version - 2.8.0
php version - 5.5 (same problem whit 5.5, 5.6, 5.4)

My site is:
http://srilanka.hu

And I've a button whit "További ajánlatok" text. When I click on, I see the same 8 items, which loaded whit the website.

Could you help me, what cause this problem? I used the joomla 3.5.1 version, but I Upgraded the main system and the extensions too.
  • Krikor Boghossian
21 Sep 2017 20:36
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Warning Messages after upgrade to 2.8

Warning Messages after upgrade to 2.8

Hello, these issues are related to the template not K2.
Furtermore, let your template's developer know about this so they can provide a solution.
  • hoerich
21 Sep 2017 18:59
Warning Messages after upgrade to 2.8 was created by hoerich

Warning Messages after upgrade to 2.8

Hi there,
after upgrading from 2.7.2 to 2.8 I face a warning message on top of each site.

Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/.sites/102/site7543453/templates/jsn_venture_pro/ext/k2/jsn_ext_k2.css) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/.sites/102/site7543453/web:/home/.sites/102/site7543453/tmp:/usr/share/pear:/usr/bin/php_safemode) in /home/.sites/102/site7543453/web/plugins/system/jsntplframework/libraries/joomlashine/compress/css.php on line 330

How to deal with this issue?
Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Markus Zuber
21 Sep 2017 10:28
White pages... was created by Markus Zuber

White pages...

Hi
I just wanted to update some of my galleries in K2 - after having upgraded to Joomla 3.8 - and all pages are shown white... :(
I am running my site www.markuszuber.com
PHP 7.0
Joomla 3.80
K2 2.80
Oyster Template
Any help would be highly appreciated
Markus
  • Krikor Boghossian
20 Sep 2017 19:36
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Problem with add image from server after upgrade

Problem with add image from server after upgrade

Igor why don't you make a PR so we can evaluate it,
Once more thank you :)

github.com/getk2/k2/i
Displaying 301 - 320 out of 2250 results.