Keyword

Another one: SIG only shows the tag

• Jelger Visser
  • Jelger Visser's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 3 months ago #10270 by Jelger Visser
Another one: SIG only shows the tag was created by Jelger Visser
Hi there,

I have read through the forum and there's already written a lot about this problem. But I can't find a solution. This is the problem: the tag {gallery}folder{/gallery} will not show pictures in a content page. Only the tag is returned.

I've tried different browsers, i.e. Firefox, IE6, IE7 and Opera. But only the tag {gallery}folder{/gallery} shows up, where 'folder' is a subfolder of images/stories.

What can be the problem? I have checked the following things:
- the installation of the plugin --> ok, no missing files or whatsoever;
- plugin published --> ok
- permissions of the image folders --> ok
- image folder contains images --> ok
- using the right path --> ok, I'm definitly not using images/stories/etc
- GD and jpg support enabled --> ok

Furthermore, I have tried a fresh Joomla! installation (1.0.13) and even Joomla! 1.5 with the legacy mode plugin published. Nothing works for me, it almost drives me crazy! It is much appreciated if anyone could help.

Thanks in advance, Jelger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #10271 by trethacker
Replied by trethacker on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
I am having this same problem with SIG. There is a previous post back in Sept07 about this same thing but nobody answered the issue so I was just about to post my own new topic on this when I saw this post.

I see only the {gallery}mygallery{/gallery} code where there should be a gallery of images.

The documentation says that you place the code where you want the gallery to show and voila!

This does not seem to be the case here and I can not get the gallery to show.

Thanks in advance from me for any help in this issue as well.

More
16 years 3 months ago #10272 by milkathecow
Replied by milkathecow on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
Same issue,

i then tried to tweak it by getting rid of legacy mode and modifying the code for Joomla 1.5 but didn't work either :)

i'm working on a local server with WAMP, i saw that you recommend XAMPP, but could that have an impact ?

now Joomla 1.5 is in stable release, when can we expect a SIG and a SIG PRO working in native mode ?

More
16 years 3 months ago #10273 by milkathecow
Replied by milkathecow on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
Do any of the development crew read this board to do anything about any issues that people have with the SIG or SIG PRO version of the things you do ??

because for each issue with {gallery}foldername{/gallery} problem there has never been any clear answer to the code issue except for "badly spelt" or "/" missing... which is not the case of everybody i'm quite sure.

pretty disapointing for someone looking to purchase the things you guys do.

Well, on my part i took the SIG, and played with it, totally redid it for Joomla 1.5 but it still doesn't work :s. so i guess it's normal as it didn't work beforehand, but when i find the bug i'll be glad, as i'll have got rid of the legacy mode.

Still waiting for your news... please get back to your users... ;)

More
16 years 2 months ago #10274 by tiococo
Replied by tiococo on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
The same as Case No1

Everything correctly installed, plugin published, all permisssions set, right path, code correctly spelled but just the code on the output
www.opendh4x.com.ar/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=5

What can WE do? There are a lot of topics that point to the same problem.

More
16 years 2 months ago #10275 by aressto
Replied by aressto on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
i have PRO version, but problem is the same. Its not working with Joomla 1.5 :(

More
16 years 2 months ago #10276 by Niklas Olofsson
Replied by Niklas Olofsson on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
I had same issue....

do anybody have a whitespace in the path like this:
{ gallery}foldername{ /gallery}

... then it wont work

Check this exactly, don't copy and paste a code, write it. I searched for days to find out this was my issue. I couldn't see the whitespaces exactly in the editor ...

More
16 years 2 months ago #10277 by akerman
Replied by akerman on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
I've spent hours on these pages, trying to confirm SIG compatibility with the different Joomla versions.
I found...nothing.

Running Joomla 1.5 Stable with all nifty trimmings and latest levels on everything in a separate 'sandbox' gives me the same result as the rest:

The code {gallery}foldername{/gallery} 

I can also confirm that this has absolutely nothing to do with spaces since most WYSIWYG editors automatically trims the code, when leaving code view.

Anyhow in an attempt to get rid of any discussion about the editor, I set Joomla to no editor in both default global as well as in every user. 
I then installed the plugin, activated, wrote article with only code (by hand) and published. Yeah well, you all now the result, since you're reading this... :(

One thing to be noted though; When installing and going to the 'Plugin' settings the initial text at installation is displayed in raw format and the settings parameter for the 'root' directory to use is simply not there... (Maybe all this code is just...simple?
Or is it just all greek to me?  ;D )

Some 'translation' from the author is really needed in order to solve this.

Another good help would be if someone that really runs any Joomla release greater 1.5 RC3
could confirm a positive installation! (Yes I've tested them all...)

More
16 years 2 months ago #10278 by jakijem
Replied by jakijem on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
Well, I have (of course) the same problem, but I saw, there´s a post a few lines down, about a guy with 1.5 installed, complaining, but his place it works...

forum.joomlaworks.net/index.php?topic=3351.0

More
16 years 2 months ago #10279 by aressto
Replied by aressto on topic Re: Another one: SIG only shows the tag
look at the source of the site he posted - its 1.0.xx version
not 1.5