Keyword

Any Step-by Step AllVideo instructions

• April Gabby
  • April Gabby's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #56311 by April Gabby
Any Step-by Step AllVideo instructions was created by April Gabby
Hello,

I have searched and searched this database, google, joomla, Youtube and I cannot locate step by step instructions after installation of AllVideos via extension plugin. Also my version does not appear like the AllVideos form under documentation.

I am new to Joomla.. learning a little at a time. I want to put an Mp4 or swf video in place of my slideshow module? I have no idea what to do after installation. I've also contacted my Joomla template designer but no one seems to know an answer. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• April Gabby
More
9 years 7 months ago #56312 by April Gabby
Replied by April Gabby on topic Any Step-by Step AllVideo instructions
I'm open to receiving assistance from anyone, including those who struggled in the beginning as well. I notice through searching.. everyone who says they figured it out never provided a solution. This is very frustrating and I'm hoping I won't have to try another software because ALLVIDEOS seems idea. Thanks again in advance

A

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #56319 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Any Step-by Step AllVideo instructions
Most of these questions are covered in the documentation:
www.joomlaworks.net/support/docs/allvideos

You will also find a detailed explanation and a table for all available providers and snippets.

As for the slideshow module. If you want to use a video in your slideshow you have two options.

Either use a K2 Content custom module and use the media tab, or make sure that module has the Prepare Content setting for its slides. This means that the module should have the ability to render content plugins.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• April Gabby
More
9 years 7 months ago #56326 by April Gabby
Thank you for your response.. however I don't think you read it clearly. I stated that "Also my version does not appear like the AllVideos form under documentation."

The instructions state for Joomla 1.5. I have 3.2.. again my perimeter options are not what's showing up in documentation instructions. Thank you

April

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #56328 by Krikor Boghossian
The documentation is for AllVideos. AllVideos is compatible with all the latest (major release) versions of Joomla!.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• April Gabby
More
9 years 7 months ago #56331 by April Gabby
Hello,

So I have directions about how to install the extension but nothing from there. Is there step-by step of how to input the video? I see tons of instructions for you tube video implementation for AllVideo but I see nothing for using swf, mp4. I'm sitting here looking at the Plug in.. its perimeters and I have no idea where to go from here..

In addition, this is the response I received from the Joomla template developer re: K2

"Not sure I can shed light on this for you. K2 is a content component for Joomla (getk2.org/extend), this would be a bit of an overkill if you just intend to use it to embed some video as it is a rather extensive extension. "

Please advise.. thx

• April Gabby
More
9 years 7 months ago #56334 by April Gabby
I located some info with more indepth instructions.. however it mentions selecting AllVideo in the Component section of Joomla backend. I do not have this in my component. Is there a problem with the installation because I installed another video plug in to check and this one falls under the component section as well as the plug in section. So maybe this is the problem with ALlVideo.. not installed completely. What say you?

Thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #56343 by Krikor Boghossian
AllVideos is not a component its a plugin.
You simply write the url of the video within the required brackets. Our documentation has all this covered.

If you are using K2 there is a more in depth integration under the media tab.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---