Keyword

Is it possible to increase the buffer?

• mettaben
  • mettaben's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 years 1 month ago #1160 by mettaben
Is it possible to increase the buffer? was created by mettaben
My client wants the video to wait longer before it starts playing because of the delays on slow connections.  Is there a way to change the way the buffer is set and make it set bigger?  Is it something that would take flash programming?

Thanks,
Benjamin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #1161 by bigern75
Replied by bigern75 on topic Re: Is it possible to increase the buffer?
I'm bumping this because I would like to delay the video also  :)

More
16 years 2 months ago #1162 by Thrive
Replied by Thrive on topic Re: Is it possible to increase the buffer?
I am bumping this as well.

This would be a great hack. If any is familiar with flash, they would probably know.

I have read that the value could be set in the .flv file itself as well as in the .php of the mambot or plugin.

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #1163 by Mike Berg
Replied by Mike Berg on topic Re: Is it possible to increase the buffer?
I would also like to see this option. My videos display the "buffering" wheel almost constantly throughout playback.

Here's my video page:
new.door62.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=40&Itemid=57

More
15 years 1 month ago #1164 by neks
I was looking to do the same and I actually found how to do it for FLV files. Although I cannot guarantee that it will work for other formats, I think the principles are the same.

You need to add the parameter bufferlength=X to the string of parameters sent to the player where X is the number of seconds you will assign to the buffer.

So you need to open /mambots/content/plugin_jw_allvideos.php.

Look for
  <embed src=\"$mosConfig_live_site/mambots/content/plugin_jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos_player.swf?file=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.flv&showdigits=true".$autostart."\" quality=\"high\" pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"".$video_transparency."\" bgcolor=\"".$video_bg."\" style=\"".$width." ".$height."\"></embed>

The part we need to modify is
src=\"$mosConfig_live_site/mambots/content/plugin_jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos_player.swf?file=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.flv&showdigits=true".$autostart."\"

For the example, I will set the buffer to 30 seconds by adding '&bufferlength=30'

src=\"$mosConfig_live_site/mambots/content/plugin_jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos_player.swf?file=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.flv&showdigits=true".$autostart."&bufferlength=30\"