Keyword

.mov file starts, shows QT logo, but no controls, doesn't autoplay...

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 3 months ago #10326 by jsrunder
Hello,

I have Joomla 1.0 installed, trying to get AllVideos 2.4 to play.  Uploaded video file .mov into domain.com/joomladirectory/images/stories/videos, chmod all read, and execute (not sure if exe needs all on) and when I browse to the site and click the content item with the {mov}filename{/mov} statement tnen the page shows only a big QuickTime logo, no activity. 

I see No controls, and it does not autoplay as it is set to do.

AllVideos is published, and the content item is set to autoplay. 

Assist?  Clues?  Questions?  If I convert the mov to something else may it work better?  Tricks to preparing the mov file to work properly?

Thank you!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #10327 by gbruner
You must wait until the entire MOV downloads before the player will start play.  I have found this to be true for MOV and MP4.  WMV works much better and faster.  I suspect the reason is that the plug-in is optimized for WMV and Flash.  MOV and MP4 may work better is you have a streaming server.  I don't and therefore can't test it.

• Tria Design & Marketing
More
15 years 4 months ago #10328 by Tria Design & Marketing
Replied by Tria Design & Marketing on topic Re: .mov file starts, shows QT logo, but no controls, doesn't autoplay...
I have the same problem BUT the video plays fine if you just use a direct http:// link to it from a menu item (it does NOT work to use the allvideos {mov}JimWarnock.11.8.08.mov{/mov} syntax however. So clearly we have the plug in and it does work, just not embedded into a content item.

So the video works, just not using allvideos. We have the latest version of allvideos (downloaded two days ago) and are testing in IE 6, firefox 3 and safari.

Any suggestions?

Ann