Keyword

Allvideos incompatible with !JoomlaComment in IE7.0

• Max Martin
  • Max Martin's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 2 months ago #11443 by Max Martin
Hello all,

A huge problem/bug over here. It is for me anyway, and it appears that I'm the only one, as I haven't been able to find anything about this issue for three days using Google! So it must be bad I guess...

I have recently discovered, that using Allvideos 2.4 and !JoomlaComment 3.12b does not work in Internet Explorer 7.0. Exclusively and specifically. There are no problems in Firefox 2.0 what so ever and no problems in IE6.0 or below either. But in IE7.0 Allvideos fails 8 out of 10 times when being used on the same page as !JoomlaComment. FLV-movies (locally stored) simply do not load, and you just see an empty frame.
:(

(Joomla version is: 1.0.14 Stable)

I use Allvideos 2.4 to show movies in FLV-format on my site, and have !JoomlaComment below the movie on every page, so people can comment on the film. The same goes for my picture galleries for which I use SmoothGallery. It's an absolutely nice feature and it looks really cool. No problems with SmoothGallery either by the way.

But in IE7.0 the FLV-movies do not load in around 8 out of 10 times, and the only way to make them load (intermittently) is by cleaning the browser cache and the site cache and reload the page. Then sometimes it works. It seems like if the movie for some reason 'make it' in there before the !JoomlaComment stuff, then it works, but as the comments component initialize/load much faster than Allvideos, that only happens once in a while.

I have been playing around with all features in both !JoomlaComment and Allvideos, but to no avail. I have read a lot about new security implementations in IExplorer 7.0, but that's not it either. No matter what I do I get nowhere - only when I completely disable the !JoomlaComment mambot, Allvideos works every time.

I would love to throw you all a link, but as it's an adult site I guess I'll have to refrain from doing that. I really do hope though, that somebody can help me or point me in the right direction here, as it is extremely annoying, and probably all Microsoft's fault. This happens ONLY in IE7.0 - not in any other browser.

If anyone would like to try and help out, please PM me and I'll set you up on a fake account on the site, so you can see for yourself.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks!

:-\

Max.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #11444 by andrespinta
HI. i had had the same problem!! and i m looking for an answer, for the time being i m using the previos version of All Videos Plugin 2.1 instead of 2.4.

Andres Pinta
www.calicristiana.com

More
15 years 11 months ago #11445 by foz
I"m having the same problem, although I am previewing in Safari & Camino to no avail.  It seems as though it is trying to load but will not.  Have you found an answer yet?

Foz

More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #11446 by athenahollow
I also own an adult site, and am having the same problem.
What's really baffling me though, is that this thread has had nearly 300 reads, and not a single response that is more than "Me too"....
I completely understand that this is a free product, I just hope that this issue is resolved quickly.

Also, I am using Firefox 2.0.14 on vista. (not my computer) and it worked before installing JoomlaComment

More
15 years 8 months ago #11447 by joshyoungmusic
Replied by joshyoungmusic on topic Re: Allvideos incompatible with !JoomlaComment in IE7.0
I'm having a compatibility problem with AllVideos 2.5.3 in IE 7.0.

andrespinta, you mentioned that you're using an older version of the plugin for the time being.  Do you know where I could download an older version?  I've looked, but I can't find any old links that work.  I used an older version before upgrading, and it worked fine.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

More
15 years 8 months ago #11448 by JoomlaWorks
@all
Guys, check if your template is conflicting with AllVideos. To do so, simple revert to the default joomla template for a minute.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Piggybank Technology
More
15 years 2 months ago #11449 by Piggybank Technology
Replied by Piggybank Technology on topic Re: Allvideos incompatible with !JoomlaComment in IE7.0
This may well be my problem...J1.5.9 with AllVideos 2.5.3 with JomComment. Tried reverting to default Joomla templates and still getting the errors in ie7. I'm getting the 'null' is null or not an object error.