Keyword

Start Image change

• stevieb
  • stevieb's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 years 1 month ago #1477 by stevieb
Start Image change was created by stevieb
I wanted to change the start image for my FLV movies in AllVideos Plugin, can I just add a background image to the file:  jw_allvideos_player.swf?

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stevieb
More
17 years 1 month ago #1478 by stevieb
Replied by stevieb on topic Re: Start Image change
I thought the plugin distribution file included a copy of jw_allvideos_player.fla but I don't see it.  Does this mean I can't change the starting image for my FLV movies from the black background and white arrow to a custom image?

Steve

More
17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #1479 by choas
Replied by choas on topic Re: Start Image change
If you want a preview of your video, you can solve this problem for flv-files.

1.  You have to make little change in the php-file plugin_jw_allvideos.php
You can find the file in the directory “mambots/content”.
You must add to line 53 and 57 (where the values of the flv-array are set) :

&image=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.png

just after :
file=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.flv

and just before :
$showdigits=true".$autostart."\"

2.  You must place the preview-image in the directory where your video is placed and give it the same name as the video.
If you don’t want to use a preview-image, there is no problem; you just have the usable black background.
The image that you use will be the background for your video, therefore it is best it has the same size as your videoframes. The image must be in the png format (otherwise you have to change ‘png’ in the code added, for instance in ‘jpg’ if you want to use jpg-files)

And that it is.

- If you want convert your videofiles to flv-files you can use SUPER, a free conversion program. Of course, conversion can lead to a worse quality of the video.
- You can make easily a snapshot from your flv-files if you use the free videoplayer VLC-media player. This snapshot is a png-file and you just have to change the name and place the image-file in the directory where also the video is placed.

The flv-player used in the mambot has a lot of parameters, so you can change more if you want. If you are interested in that, go to the side of  the maker of the flv-player Jeroen (look at the credits of the mambot)

if you want to see the effect, go to www.choas.be/ongedierte (just for limited time viewable)

• stevieb
More
17 years 1 month ago #1480 by stevieb
Replied by stevieb on topic Re: Start Image change
Thank you very much Chaos!  I'll follow your great instructions,

Steve B.

More
17 years 1 month ago #1481 by zoroox
Replied by zoroox on topic Re: Start Image change
Ok I think is very good to have an image insteed of the black background but what if we have more than one video?

I have several videos in some products so how can I use this wonderful code to have an image for every video?

Could be done?

More
17 years 1 month ago #1482 by choas
Replied by choas on topic Re: Start Image change
Sorry but I don't see the problem.

The solution I offered, defines the backgroundfile for each video. For instance if jou have a video choas.flv, you just add a file choas.png to the same directory as the videofile choas.flv. You simply add this video, with his specific background, to a contentfile by '{flv}choas{/flv}'
If you want to add another video in the same contentfile, for instance mensa.flv with backgroundfile mensa.png (the two of them you placed in the correct directory), you just put the code '{flv}mensa{/flv}' in the contentfile.

So where is your problem? 

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #1483 by rob2701
Replied by rob2701 on topic Re: Start Image change
What a GREAT thing this AllVideo Plugin is!

Have added the start image code to the flv part, and that is now working fine for the flv on my own server.

However, trying to get the same thing working for flvremote, but no luck so far
:-(

Added file=***code***&image=***code***.jpg&showdigits=true" for the remote part in the code, but seems to do nothing at all.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong or missing here?

More
16 years 9 months ago #1484 by pickles206
Replied by pickles206 on topic Re: Start Image change

If you want a preview of your video, you can solve this problem for flv-files.

1.  You have to make little change in the php-file plugin_jw_allvideos.php
You can find the file in the directory “mambots/content”.
You must add to line 53 and 57 (where the values of the flv-array are set) :

&image=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.png

just after :
file=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.flv

and just before :
$showdigits=true".$autostart."\"

2.  You must place the preview-image in the directory where your video is placed and give it the same name as the video.
If you don’t want to use a preview-image, there is no problem; you just have the usable black background.
The image that you use will be the background for your video, therefore it is best it has the same size as your videoframes. The image must be in the png format (otherwise you have to change ‘png’ in the code added, for instance in ‘jpg’ if you want to use jpg-files)

And that it is.

- If you want convert your videofiles to flv-files you can use SUPER, a free conversion program. Of course, conversion can lead to a worse quality of the video.
- You can make easily a snapshot from your flv-files if you use the free videoplayer VLC-media player. This snapshot is a png-file and you just have to change the name and place the image-file in the directory where also the video is placed.

The flv-player used in the mambot has a lot of parameters, so you can change more if you want. If you are interested in that, go to the side of  the maker of the flv-player Jeroen (look at the credits of the mambot)

if you want to see the effect, go to www.choas.be/ongedierte (just for limited time viewable)

Thank you Choas!  This post ranks high in Allvideo solutions.

How can I contact you?  I cannot read your web site.  I don't even know what language it's in.

Dominique

Oh I see, you're too busy failin' in life.

More
16 years 9 months ago #1485 by rob2701
Replied by rob2701 on topic Re: Start Image change
Hi pickles206, if you read my post correctly before doing a copy & paste, you will see that this is already exactly what I did, and that I already have it working perfectly for the flash files on my own server. Thanks indeed to the poster.

My problem is not with lines 53 and 57 but with 61 and 65, so for flvremote.
Using the same solution there is not working, and that is what I am asking about.
This is for flash files located on a remote server, and I cannot get the start image working in that case.

If anyone has a tip or solution for it, I would be grateful.

More
16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #1486 by indafastln
Replied by indafastln on topic Re: Start Image change
edit: found my prob and fixed it myself. :-)