Keyword

'null' is null or not an object ERROR message on IE when using AllVideo Plugin

• apsingh
  • apsingh's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago #16132 by apsingh
I installed ALLVideo Plugin 2.5.2 in Joomla1.5 and using it one of my contents but getting the above error message in Internet Explorer.  It works fine in FireFox.  Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #16133 by foof132
I get the same thing, even when viewing the demo on the joomlaworks site in IE6.

With IE7, using the joomlaworks demo and another test site I get this pop up window:

Adobe Flash Player 9

An ActionScript error has occurred:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2124: Loaded file is an unknown type.

More
15 years 1 month ago #16134 by awdesign
I have the same problem and need help.  Thanks.

More
15 years 1 month ago #16135 by wmbell
Have you tried updating AllVideos to v2.5.3 and your Adobe Flash Player to v10.x?  This has worked for some others.

More
15 years 1 month ago #16136 by alper60
2.5.1 not has this propblem but 2.5.2 and 2.5.3 have  :(

More
14 years 10 months ago #16137 by matosedlak
'null' is null or not an object
or
Object Required at **

AllVideos plugin 2.5.4
Internet Explorer IE5.5/IE6/IE7

This is a quick fix which helps users with getting rid out of this error IE message.

What it does, is changing the player included in Allvideos Plugin, based on browser, which you are using. Because this error exists only in Internet Explorer, this fix will switch to non viral mediaplayer. Viral is special menu included in latest version, which gives ability to show embedding code for visitors, so they can post it on their site.

- Fix was made on J1.0.15 with Allvideos Plugin 2.5.4 (mambot)
- It was not tested on J1.5
- you SHOULD backup existing files locally

Examples are always good idea, so you can see a video on www.seak.sk (public and commercial site) between middle and bottom.

Try it with Firefox/Opera/Safari/Chrome/Seamonkey and you should see a embedding code, when you pause/click on video (or an arrow in left top corner)
Try it with Internet Explorer and this will not show - cause, obviously IE is not very pagefriendly.

Download this fix here www.seak.sk/dl/joomla/jw_allvideos.tar.gz - unzip and copy/replace with the previous. Remember to make a backup.

Files in package:
jw_allvideos_sources.php
player/mediaplayer_4.3.swf
player/viralmediaplayer_4.3.swf