Keyword

Works in Firefox but not IE - AllVideos 2.5.3 - Joomla 1.0.15

• joshyoungmusic
  • joshyoungmusic's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 8 months ago #16239 by joshyoungmusic
I just upgraded to version 2.5.3 of the AllVideo plugin using Joomla 1.0.15, and it works great in Firefox (I'm using FF 3.0), but IE (I'm using IE 7.0) is not loading the movie.

See an example here: www.ameliachurchofchrist.com/content/view/306/135/

I'm trying to use an FLV file that is hosted on my own site.  It has worked fine with past versions, but the new version is not working, and I need to get it fixed as soon as possible.  I have tried everything that I could think of, and nothing seems to be working in IE.

Also (a separate issue that is new since I upgraded to 2.5.3 also), now when I use the mp3 player, the time that is shown on the location bar is correct when it is fully loaded, but the marker is not accurate when I move the slider across it.  For example, if the mp3 is 24 minutes long, then when I move the slider to the 12 minute mark, the mp3 stops and goes to zero.  It takes half the time to play it back (according to the status bar).  I'm probably not explaining the problem well enough.  Let me know if it's not clear.

Thanks in advance for your help.  This is a GREAT plugin, and it has served us well.  I just hope to find a solution to this problem soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #16240 by JoomlaWorks
The URL you gave does not have AllVideos on...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• joshyoungmusic
More
15 years 8 months ago #16241 by joshyoungmusic
It did, but I had to take down the plugin because it was up and not working for so long, so I hacked another plugin to take its place for the time being.

I'd still like to get AllVideos working again as I was using it for everything - mp3, flv, youtube, etc.

Basically, in IE7, it was displaying the swf player without a video loaded in it - it was just looping all of the controls and displays without loading the video itself (if that makes sense).

More
15 years 8 months ago #16242 by JoomlaWorks
Install the plugin and create a video page somewhere inside the site. Then post back that link so I can see what's going on.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• joshyoungmusic
More
15 years 8 months ago #16243 by joshyoungmusic
Because I hacked the other plugins to make them work with the AllVideos code instead of their own, I can't make a separate page that uses AllVideos, so I just reinstalled AllVideos and unpublished the other plugins for the time being (i.e., my site is currently broken in IE7 for the moment while you're looking into it).

You can look at the same page and see what I'm talking about:

www.ameliachurchofchrist.com/content/view/306/135/

Thanks again for your help.  I really appreciate it.

And if need be, I can upload a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about.

• joshyoungmusic
More
15 years 8 months ago #16244 by joshyoungmusic
Also, you can see the "time" problem with the mp3 player that I was describing here:

www.ameliachurchofchrist.com/content/view/320/112/

• joshyoungmusic
More
15 years 8 months ago #16245 by joshyoungmusic
Fotis, did you have a chance to look at this yet?

Thanks.

More
15 years 7 months ago #16246 by Travis
Is there an update on this?  I'm having the same problem... My videos work in Firefox but not IE7.  I also seem to have a problem where the player is showing the wrong video.  Check out my page and you will notice that several of the videos are the same (They shouldn't be)...

www.flyingjaguars.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Itemid=57

Thanks
Travis

More
15 years 7 months ago #16247 by Travis
Turns out that the IE problem may be a proxy problem?  It would not work when I was at work but as soon as I got home I did some testing and it works fine on IE7 from home...

:-[
Also forget the thing about the playing wrong files...  That was my fault...  The converter went a little wonky and they actually are the same!

I'll do some more tests between my home and work and see if I can't pin down a specific difference that might be causing the problem...

More
15 years 3 months ago #16248 by flpblackforest
Fotis,

I also have the same problem. I found out that when all videos uses "{youtube}{/youtube}" tags, the "value" and "data" attributes' value was changed. Check this page source after loading the page:
<!-- JoomlaWorks "AllVideos" Plugin (v2.5.3) starts here -->
<span class="allvideos">
<span style="width:400px;height:300px;" class="allvideos_player" title="ACP Media Box Player">
	<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:400px;height:300px;" data="https://www.youtube.com/v/saSEsdfe-0d&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1">
		<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/saSEsdfe-0d&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" />
		<param name="quality" value="high" />
		<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
		<param name="bgcolor" value="" />
	</object>
</span>
</span>
<!-- JoomlaWorks "AllVideos" Plugin (v2.5.3) ends here -->

Look closely on the attribute's value. this value:
https://www.youtube.com/v/saSEsdfe-0d&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1

Must be:
https://www.youtube.com/v/saSEsdfe-0d&hl=en&fs=1

The ampersand (&) was changed to "&amp;" that's why it doesn't play in IE. I wonder why firefox plays the content.

Even I marked as "No" the "HTML cleanup" from the Module Parameter, still it doesn't work. I checked the article's "Parameters" configuration and there is no filter set on the articles.

I can't find where this converstion from & to &amp; happens. Any luck?