Keyword

AllVideos v3.0 to be released in August - What's new?

More
16 years 10 months ago #2033 by xox8xox
no worries... there is a plugin that does 'find and replace' so you can have most of your codes changed using that plugin.. I myself haven't used it but I'm sure very soon I have to :)
The topic has been locked.
More
16 years 10 months ago #2034 by Canuck

niceeee so we'll have the new version by tomorrow (friday the 8th) :PpPpPPpPPPp oh I can't wait to transfer all my media to the new version this weekend.

less than 24 hours to the release :P

How do you know it will be out tomorrow?
It probably will be, I've been off work all week, converted most of my movies to stage6 & Divx and of course when 2.5 finally comes out, I have to go to work for the weekend  :(
More
16 years 10 months ago #2035 by silentmind

no worries... there is a plugin that does 'find and replace' so you can have most of your codes changed using that plugin.. I myself haven't used it but I'm sure very soon I have to Smiley

That's great!!!!!!!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2036 by xox8xox
because on the first post that is what FOTIS the developer has said...

"we've scheduled to update our AllVideos plugin to v2.5 in early June (that is June 4 to 8...). "
  • KATSIPOULAKIS GEORGIOS
More
16 years 10 months ago #2037 by KATSIPOULAKIS GEORGIOS
Replied by KATSIPOULAKIS GEORGIOS on topic Re: AllVideos v2.5 to be released in early June - What's new?
Be Patient.
You dont have to worry about when 2.5 is going to be launhed.
Joomlaworks has approved that is doing its best to satisfy its loyal audience.
What is the most preferable? To have it today, half working  but complied with the promised time framework or have it full working, no matter when?

(Personally, I would prefered it fullworking and yesterday) :)
More
16 years 10 months ago #2038 by jemand
I dont´t think so. I need it today!!! >:(
More
16 years 10 months ago #2039 by jemand
UCD is not AVP!  >:(

Looks like there would not be AVP2.5 today  :(
  • JoomlaWorks
  • JoomlaWorks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
More
16 years 10 months ago #2040 by JoomlaWorks
Hey guys, sorry for delaying 2.5 a little more but the launch of Ultimate Content Display module took a bit longer. We will be working it this weekend and release it on Tuesday - Wednesday.

Your loyalty to AllVideos is really something awesome, but don't forget it's an open source project and in the meantime we need to work to live. Hell even Joomla! is never on time. We all waited for J!1.5 stable in 2006 and guess what!? It's 2007 and we got beta 2 with no ACL and still chained to the ever-popular section/category model.

What can I say?

BTW Since some people here mentioned this, when 2.5 is out you will not need to redo your videos or content items. Just uninstall the previous version and install the new one. Plus, we WILL have the latest video player from Jeroen.  ;)

We're all working for the best here and for all of you.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
16 years 10 months ago #2041 by tamper
Keep up the good work Fotis! I'm waiting for AllVideos 2.5 too, but better late than never, and as long as it definitely gets the ability to associate a preview frame with each video, I'll be happy.

I must say I love your sideways swipe at the Joomla section/category model. I've been complaining about how rubbish this is since the Mambo days, but I thought I was the only one who cared!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2042 by jemand
Hey Fotis. You´re right. It is an opensourceprojekt. I don´t know why because you could make it commercial and I think everybody here would pay for it.
If 2.5 really comes on Wednesday and have all the features you told, everything is allright.
To the thing about joomla. I know what you mean. And I´m looking for and trying other opensource-CMS, like drupal or typo3, time after time.
But joomlaworks don´t make extensions for other cms´s.
So why should I use another ;)

Regards

Jens