Keyword

Error: Object required and 'null' is null or not an object

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #17042 by lcabz
Need help on my site with AllVideo plugin.

Everytime I display a page with a video by AllVideo Plugin, I'm getting an error on page "Error: Object required" and "Error: 'null' is null or not an object".

The first error says "Object required" which refers to Line 48 Char 3 and the second says "'null' is null or not an object" on Line 1 char 152.

I checked both and it doesn't correspond actually to a specific error the page itself. If I remove the content with AllVideo plugins, the error disappear. Error exists on IE6 and IE7. Not encountering in Firefox 3.

I tried the different parameters of it including the Compress Player Scripts using PHP but no luck.  I also tried to restore the original Joomla template to see if it conflicts with my template but error is same. ???

Appreciate any help.

Thanks for a nice plugin. BTW, I have upgraded to the latest version and didn't encounter this on previous version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #17043 by lcabz
Am I the one only experiencing this?  ???

More
15 years 7 months ago #17044 by lcabz
:(
I was forced to downgrade to earlier version. Now, it's working without the error.  ???

More
15 years 7 months ago #17045 by Max Martin
Hi,

I have the same annoying problem on two sites both running on Rockettheme templates. (HiveMind and Terran Tribune)
The Rockettheme forum does not currently supply a solution to this. I have tried everything I can imagine, but to no avail.

This didn't help: RT Thread

Neither did this: JW Thread

And then there's this un-answered JW thread:
'null' is null or not an object ERROR message on IE when using AllVideo Plugin

No matter what I do the only thing that makes this error go away is disabling the AllVideos Player - and that's just not an option!

How can I downgrade? Where do I get the previous version of AllVideos Player???
If that takes care of the problem - then that's what I'll do! Please help!

:(

Thanks a lot in advance!

[Joomla! 1.5.6.]
[RT HiveMind / Terran Tribune]
[AllVideos Plugin v2.5.3]

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #17046 by Max Martin
Hi,

Well, it seems I managed to sort this out. Found a few of the earlier versions of AllVideos plugin and tried my way backwards. Version 2.5.1 does the trick! The error has gone. So - something happened on the way from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2 that wasn't good. Maybe it's worth taking a note of this for the developers for the next update?

Also during all my testing with the 2.5.3 and the mootools, the sound went missing in Firefox - it was fine in IE7. Dunno if that was just a hickup or a part of the problem, but again - version 2.5.1 also solved that bit.

Nevertheless - thanks! for a great plugin, it really does a lot for my site!
;)

Rgds,
//MM

More
15 years 7 months ago #17047 by lcabz
:)
That's good for you MM.

Could you please send me 2.5.1 since I'm using an older version.
Appreciate if you could send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or a link to where I can download.

Thanks.

Yeah, this is a great plugin and more power.  8)

More
15 years 7 months ago #17048 by Max Martin
Hi Lcabz,

You can get it here: JoomlaWorks

(Simply change the version numbers yourself, if you want to download another version than the link supplies)
;)

Rgds,
MM.

More
15 years 7 months ago #17049 by lcabz
Thanks Max Martin.

Was able to download the file. I guess we really have to use this for a while.

Regards.  :)

More
15 years 7 months ago #17050 by jo3design
I had the same exact problem as you, and I've tried to download and install 2.5.1. I still have the same problem in IE7.

I'm using the RokContentSlider extension, as well, and any page that has the allvideos plugin on the page gives me an error.

Not sure what to do...

• Piggybank Technology
More
15 years 2 months ago #17051 by Piggybank Technology
Replied by Piggybank Technology on topic Re: Error: Object required and 'null' is null or not an object
I get the same thing with allvideos 2.5.3 on J1.5.9. Works fine in Chrome & FF, but when I try ie7, I get 'null' is null or not an object.

I did downgrade to 2.5.1 and the error went away, however, for other reasons I need 2.5.3 working.

I'm using my own template (not Rocket theme).

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot/correct?

Thanks,

Scott Gingrich