Keyword

Audio player look on v4.8

• Julien Camus
  • Julien Camus's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #168970 by Julien Camus
Audio player look on v4.8 was created by Julien Camus
Hello,

Recently updated joomla to latest version as well as Allvideos (4.8) and PHP7.

If I set the template to "responsive", videos display well but the audio player doesn't show normally. See:

www.winescholarguild.org/blog/podcast-maurizio-broggi-on-northern-italy.html

And... there is a huge amount of space below the player on these pages.

I tried with the two other templates. When using "classic" or "framed" the player for videos takes the entire page and goes behind the page content. (see print screen attached when not using "responsive" template. In this example, the video is loaded with {youtube}i1nMLZHLM6w{/youtube} )

What should I do? Thought about going back to 4.7 but not sure it will work with php7. And don't know where to even find that version.

I hope you can help.

Julien
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #168979 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Audio player look on v4.8
If you tried any of the other layouts and the player window was distorted, it means your template is enforcing CSS in media elements and iframes, causing this issue. From a little I checked, I can see even CSS rules directly for AllVideos: jmp.sh/YOXYFno - the rules are located in this file: www.winescholarguild.org/templates/gk_university/css/template.css

I would also recommend you provide a height value for the player and (hat tip) if you add a .jpg image with the same name as your .mp3 file, that image will be used as a preview (which makes the whole presentation friendlier to the end user). Like this: jmp.sh/OXDug3d (see our demo site for more)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Julien Camus
More
5 years 8 months ago #168987 by Julien Camus
Replied by Julien Camus on topic Audio player look on v4.8
Hello Fotis,

Thank you. Removed the CSS in the template and added images. See example here: www.winescholarguild.org/blog/podcast-maurizio-broggi-on-northern-italy.html

But... now everything that comes below the all videos tag moves up, and goes behind the the player. Example above shows it. What should we do?

Thank you very much, Julien

More
5 years 8 months ago #168995 by JoomlaWorks
Maybe that was temporary due to the CSS changes you did. This is what I see now: jmp.sh/VXyEtFZ

...which is tons better that just a player, right? :)

---

• Julien Camus
More
5 years 8 months ago #169007 by Julien Camus
Replied by Julien Camus on topic Audio player look on v4.8
Sorry. I did go into the HTML code of the page and placed the tag within a DIV. Which fixes it.

But on all other pages where I did not manually add a DIV, the problem persists. Ex:

www.winescholarguild.org/blog/podcast-jane-anson-andrew-jefford-on-bordeaux.html

More
5 years 8 months ago #169009 by JoomlaWorks
If the div fixes the layout, simply create an override for AllVideos, just copy the layout you want and then wrap it in that div you mentioned. If you do this for the override, it will directly affect ANY embed you've already placed and fix the placement issues.

Look at the "MVC templating" section here: www.joomlaworks.net/support/docs/allvideos (it's pretty easy)

---