Keyword

Tags show in article instead of my video

• cdaters
  • cdaters's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #20349 by cdaters
Okay, first of all...I searched for this problem, I really did. I used these search words:

tags don't work display, etc.

I got a lot of results, none of which discussed the issue that I am experiencing.

This is a new Joomla install. I have used the RocketTheme RocketLauncher of their Vertigo theme to set up a new Joomla site. I have added a bunch of content to the site so far, and I have also installed RokDownload, RokBox, and RokSlideshow. My boss also wants to embed video in our site. After searching for a solution that will work with RokBox, I came across AllVideos Reloaded (...in a message which describes how to use it along with RokBox).

Bear with me here...I installed AllVideos Reloaded, and it broke my Joomla site entirely. I had to manually go into my jos_ database and disable the plugin/component.

Once I was back into my back-end, AllVideos Reloaded came off right away (uninstalled). I then saw that it was a fork of AllVideos. So I came here, saw that it was Joomla 1.5 native, downloaded it and installed it. It did not break my site, so I was pretty excited.

I found that the configuration portion of the plugin referenced a couple of directories, "images/stories/videos" and "images/stories/audio". I saw that the plugin did not create these directories so I did that myself and moved my videos into the appropriate folder. After doing that I created an article and added the following code to it:
{flv]Cracking.mov{/flv}

I saved my article, and attached it to a menu link in the front-end. When I click on the menu link in the front-end, it loads my article and I see:

{flv]Cracking.mov{/flv}

where I would expect my video to show up. Am I missing anything? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cdaters
More
15 years 3 months ago #20350 by cdaters
Replied by cdaters on topic Re: Tags show in article instead of my video
Anyone?

And I want to correct that it is a .flv video that I am trying to publish...
{flv}Cracking.flv{/flv}

Sorry for any confusion.

I have also tried to load the video this way:
{rokbox title=|Cracking at the Fold|}plugins/content/jw_allvideos/players/mediaplayer_4.0.46.swf?file=images/stories/videos/Cracking.flv{/rokbox}

This latter method pulls up the player, but then I get a message displayed inside of the player, "Video not found: images/stories/videos/Cracking.flv"

I have confirmed that the path is valid, everything is spelled correctly. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the plugin. I have disabled the other Rok components and plugins. I don't know why this does not seem to be working! Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

More
15 years 3 months ago #20351 by rainbowlaw
Replied by rainbowlaw on topic Re: Tags show in article instead of my video
I am also experiencing the same difficulty -- has anyone got a response/solution?

More
15 years 3 months ago #20352 by Katia
Did you enable the plugin?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• cdaters
More
15 years 2 months ago #20353 by cdaters
Replied by cdaters on topic Re: Tags show in article instead of my video
The plugin is enabled. I have gotten it working using the regular content calls (i.e., {wmv}somefile{/wmv}) and all is good.

But, I would like to instead show a thumbnail that the user clicks, and then I would like for the player to load in a lightbox type of effect. I am currently using RocketTheme's RokBox extension and their syntax tags are similar, but I cannot wrap their tags around AllVideo's tags without experiencing errors.

How can I get AllVideos to work in this fashion? I have .wmv and .mov files that I would like present to users.