Keyword

Second try -- no response

More
15 years 3 months ago #20448 by dmag
Second try -- no response was created by dmag
Is anyone moderating this forum? I asked a question that I figured would be easy for any experienced user to answer, but nobody has.

Once again:

Hi,

I'm trying to move away from Seyret to All Videos, but I'm having issues.

Running Joomla 1.0.latest, and All Videos 2.5.3.

The video is centered and I see no controls that will allow me to adjust alignment. I had a plugin version before that did adjust alignment but it wasn't working so I deleted it.

Second, with Seyret I could designate a thumbnail image to show in the video player. With All Videos, all I have is a black screen until play is pressed. Is it possible to get a thumbnail in there somehow?

Thanks.

I'm also looking at a couple of paid extensions but buying is out of the question if there is no support here.

Hope to hear from somebody.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #20449 by Dud
Replied by Dud on topic Re: Second try -- no response
These guys are HOPELESS.
No one moderates this forum, and if they do - they completely ignore you.

More
15 years 3 months ago #20450 by dmag
Replied by dmag on topic Re: Second try -- no response
Seems to be true. That would be a shame.

Maybe they've got financial issues and can't afford to moderate.

Whatever the case, there's no way I can buy anything from them without some kind of support. There are just too many other Joomla providers that do provide tech assistance and back up their products, that it doesn't make sense to go with a company that doesn't.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #20451 by Comuniko snc
Replied by Comuniko snc on topic Re: Second try -- no response
Hi all!
Just helping out if I can ;-)

Answer 1: the alignment is CSS based. You can find the CSS here: /mambots/content/jw_allvideos/templates/Default/template_css.css; at line 10 you will see the class ".allvideos" as display: block; text-align: center; clear: both;".

Change the class the way you prefer. If you want to have different alignments for different videos I suppose you could well delete (or comment out) the text-align and control alignment with your preferred back office editor.

JUST ADDED: you can find another post with notes and solutions for answer 1 here -> forum.joomlaworks.net/index.php?topic=5727.0

Answer 2: you can get the thumbnail to show the normal FLV/SWF way (I suppose that is what you are using and I suppose it might work for other formats as well but have not tested it); you simply put an image file (tested with JPG) that has the same file name of the video file it refers to, in the very same directory and... et voilà! That's the trick!  ;)

Finally, I have no relation whatsoever with the developers but I do use their products which I find easy and powerful. I bought the Frontpage Slideshow solution as well as the Simple Image Gallery Pro and I can tell you I believe it is hard to find better value for the money.
It also seems to me they are quite reactive in replying to direct support questions (at least regarding their premium paid products)... it is true they are not very present here in the forums, but I suppose that is mainly for their free products where they "allow the community to interact"  :D

Anyhow, I hope I was of some help. I replied as soon as I saw your post... actually I registered in the forum to reply to your post  8)

Take care,
Enrico | dubius