Keyword

Google video not being displayed

• overthetop
  • overthetop's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 months ago #20492 by overthetop
Google video not being displayed was created by overthetop
I am having issues playing a certain Google video using the AllVideos 2.53 video player.

In the past I have uploaded videos into Google using their web interface and embedded the videos into my site using the {google}{/google} tags. This has worked fine.

Recently, I had a video that was greater than 100 megabytes so I needed to use the Google uploader tool to upload the video. I was able to successfully upload the video and I can play the video through the Google Video site, but when I try to embed it into my own site the video does not play. I can see the outline of the player but the video portion is completely black. Pressing the "play" button does not work.

Here is the code that I'm using:
{google}-18646831781235152177{/google}

Could somebody please try this on their own site to see if it's playable? I noticed the Google id of the video has a "-" symbol. Would this be a problem? I uploaded another video using the Google uploader tool and the ID also had a "-" symbol in it. That video also does not work when embedded using the {google} tags.

Thanks for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #20493 by Katia
Replied by Katia on topic Re: Google video not being displayed
Are you sure that this video is still uploaded on Google Video?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• overthetop
  • overthetop's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 months ago #20494 by overthetop
Replied by overthetop on topic Re: Google video not being displayed

Are you sure that this video is still uploaded on Google Video?

Oh, I feel like an idiot.  :-[
Even though I had triple checked the id of the video I still managed to enter the incorrect code... I had an extra number at the end of the code which was causing the issue.
Everything is working fine now.  Thank you Katia for your advice!