Keyword

Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site - J1.5 - Registered Users Only

• gjones
  • gjones's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 months ago #20650 by gjones
Hello,

I have searched the forums here and on the Joomla site and been unable to find a solution. I have tried many of the suggestions posted but without any luck.

What I am experiening is slightly different than what I have found in the forums. 

I am using J1.5.9.  I experience the "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site... operation aborted" error when I try and view content in which I have the allVideos plugin configured.  Here is the unique thing:  This only happens if you are logged in as a either editor or publisher or admin/superadmin (any registered user that has the ability to edit content). If you are not logged in, or only logged in as a registered user or on the site the error in IE never occurs.  It looks like there must be some javascript (I'm assuming from other posts i've read)issue with the front end editor functions and the allvideas plugin (note: the same issue happens with UCD if you are using the AJax fader option).

Does anyone have any input/ideas they can share to help me work around this?

I've also tried enabling different editors (tinyMCE vs JCE) in the user profile to see if this would have any impact but it didn't matter.

thanks, any help is much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #20651 by Merrick Tolkien
I have this exact issue as well  :(

Works when not loged in but when users log in i get the same error, very frustrating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.