Keyword

Disqus Plugin on J2.5 Doesn't Load Comment Box

• KaraokeAmerica
  • KaraokeAmerica's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #51612 by KaraokeAmerica
Disqus Plugin on J2.5 Doesn't Load Comment Box was created by KaraokeAmerica
I have 2 J2.5 sites and 1 J1.5 site using this plugin and on 2 of the three all is good! One of the J2.5 sites doesn't seem to do anything with regard to Disqus in any of my content. I installed the component and the install went flawlessly. Both plugins are there, enabled and configured with the correct shortname. I have triple-checked the settings and since it is configured for all menus and all categories are selected.

I know there isn't an issue with the Disqus account as all three sites use the same settings/shortname. Also, I am using the Disqus plugins for both Sobipro and EasyBlog and they work fine with that same shortname.

Are there are any "common" issues with this that perhaps I'm overlooking? how about any uncommon issues? It doesn't seem that there is much to do here. It's been a while since I installed it on my other sites, but I seem to recall it just worked!

Thanks!

UPDATE: I tried hardcoding the Disqus code into an article directly as obtained from the Disqus site for my URL and it loads fine so I don't think this is a script conflict. It appears that the plugin simply isn't working for some reason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #51613 by nuno_ea
I have exactly the same problem... 

• KaraokeAmerica
  • KaraokeAmerica's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #51614 by KaraokeAmerica
Replied by KaraokeAmerica on topic Re: Disqus Plugin on J2.5 Doesn't Load Comment Box

I have exactly the same problem...

Well, if you find an answer please share......;)

More
11 years 3 months ago #51615 by cormang
How did you resolve this? I have a fresh install of joomla 258 with the latest K2 and Disqus extension. Everything is enabled and the shortname is set. But nothing is showing up anywhere on the site. When I remove the shortname from the Discus plugin I receive a warning on my items, "Please enter your DISQUS subdomain in order to use the 'DISQUS Comments for Joomla!' plugin".

More
11 years 2 months ago #51616 by poetraanoegrah
Replied by poetraanoegrah on topic Re: Disqus Plugin on J2.5 Doesn't Load Comment Box
I also have the same problem .. I will monitor this thread