Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Mega menus not working when enable FSS and high cpu usage

More
12 years 8 months ago #42299 by icbl
Hi,

I just installed latest FSS on Joomla 1.7. When I enable FSS module, Joomla's mega menus not operating. I also noticed very high CPU usage with Firefox (25% of Quad Core CPU.
Any idea how to fix that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #42300 by JoomlaWorks
Regarding the menus, see the Troubleshooting section here: www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/71/41/ (it's a template thing, not Frontpage Slideshow).

Regarding high CPU usage... Firefox (5+) caches tab contents (your webpages) in memory so they can be accessed/navigated faster. This results in high CPU load when you have many tabs open at the same time. Frontpage Slideshow has been tested in all modern browsers and it does not raise the CPU load. To verify on your own, you need to open Firefox, cleanup the browser's cache and open 1 tab with the slideshow in. Then you'll see it's not raising any CPU at all. The CPU you see being raised is a result of Firefox's way to handle tabs, unfortunately inefficiently compared to other browsers (like Chrome).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 8 months ago #42301 by paul_g
Had the same issue in my Ja Purity II tempate (with megamenu). Switching of jQuery-library in the module Gtranslate solved that issue. Check check everything what uses jQuery, besides FPSS, and disable it.

Greetings, Paul

More
12 years 8 months ago #42302 by icbl

Had the same issue in my Ja Purity II tempate (with megamenu). Switching of jQuery-library in the module Gtranslate solved that issue. Check check everything what uses jQuery, besides FPSS, and disable it.

Greetings, Paul

Hi Paul,
Could you tell me exactly how can I do that?

Regards

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #42303 by icbl

Regarding the menus, see the Troubleshooting section here: www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/71/41/ (it's a template thing, not Frontpage Slideshow).

I just contacted to template developer and received following response from them.

The problem comes from the fact that this extension uses jQuery but they do not implement it well. Joomla uses Mootools and when you use 2 different js libraries you are bound to run into conflicts. It is fixable but the slideshow needs to implement what is called the jQuery no-conflict mode. Full details of that can be found here - docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_...ther_Libraries

As the megamenu makes extensive use of mootools ( a different js library and the one that Joomla use and recommend) then it was always going to cause problems.

First thing to try would be to go into the template manager and disable the js optimization. If that fails to fix the problem then you may need to go back to Joomlaworks and see if they can sort out the conflict by enabling jQuery no-conflict in their package.

My note: Disabling js optimization is worked but is that good idea to do that?

More
12 years 8 months ago #42304 by paul_g
Hi, thanks for your information. My template ( JA Purity II) in Joomla 1.5.23 doesn't have the option to disable JS Optimalisation.
I just checked all my modules and found the conflicting jQuery in the module Gtranslate.

I tested the slideshow also in Joomla 1.7 with FPSS 3.0 and Ja Purity II for J1.6/1.7 (in WAMP). In this version the slideshow works great but the Cpanel in the template disappaers. I'll checked out if your suggestion worked by switching off "Optimize JS" and it did!
So thanks!

More
12 years 8 months ago #42305 by icbl
Hi Paul,

Disabling it temporary solution. You can't leave it like that!

More
12 years 8 months ago #42306 by paul_g

Hi Paul,

Disabling it temporary solution. You can't leave it like that!

Hi, can you explain me why? This was a checkbox in the template which I had to uncheck, not a manual template override or something like that.

Greetings, Paul

More
12 years 8 months ago #42307 by icbl
Hi Paul,

Here is the answer that I received from template maker

Goint to be hard to diagnose I am afraid especially as I do not have this component to test. Setting that to "No" should have a negligable effect on your site performance but it will have some.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42308 by icbl
I just found a solution myself. Please change jQuery library handling from Load v1.6.2 Remote to Load v1.6.2 Local.