Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Need some minor PHP/CSS help on Movie template

• Bloomfield Methodist Church
  • Bloomfield Methodist Church's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #50850 by Bloomfield Methodist Church
Need some minor PHP/CSS help on Movie template was created by Bloomfield Methodist Church
Hi guys
Did a search on this, but as ever, whether using wrong keywords, or whatever, couldn't find any appropriate replies, so apologies if this has indeed been dealt with elsewhere :(

I'm just looking to find out the correct code & placement to enable the header text on my slides to be centred rather than its current default left aligned. 

I'm using the Movies template & have followed the instructions re folder creation etc, so just looking for pointers about where to put the info & correct syntax.

Appreciate your patience :)

FPSS 3.2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #50851 by Katia
Could you provide me with a link to your slideshow in order to understand please?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #50852 by Bloomfield Methodist Church
Replied by Bloomfield Methodist Church on topic Re: Need some minor PHP/CSS help on Movie template
Apologies with late response - didn't get an email to advise me of your reply :(

Site is at:  www.bloomfieldmethodist.org.uk

Thanks

More
11 years 7 months ago #50853 by Mark Ritchie
Replied by Mark Ritchie on topic Re: Need some minor PHP/CSS help on Movie template
If you just want your text "Church Services", Bible Studies" and "Sunday @ 7" to be centered in the left hand box try editing the CSS in:
modules/mod_fpss/tmpl/Movies/css/template.css.php

Find the following code:
.fpss-template-movies .slidetext h1,
.fpss-template-movies .slidetext h1 a {font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:28px;line-height:120%;margin:0;color:#fff;}

Add text-align:center; so the code becomes:
.fpss-template-movies .slidetext h1,
.fpss-template-movies .slidetext h1 a {font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:28px;line-height:120%;margin:0;color:#fff;text-align:center;}

Remember to always backup any file/code before editing in case you need to revert back.

Mark

More
11 years 7 months ago #50854 by Bloomfield Methodist Church
Replied by Bloomfield Methodist Church on topic Re: Need some minor PHP/CSS help on Movie template
Thanks for that reply Mark but for whatever reason, it's not (yet) worked for me.  However, at least now I know where to go to play about with it, & the code etc, I'll work on seeing where the glitch is as I do know a tiny bit of CSS & PHP etc, so know it should have worked fine.  Probably caching issues etc, so will wait a bit & see.

Truly appreciate your comprehensive help though  ;D
Romayne