Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Navigation thumbs and background skewed in Sleek template

• Bungholio
  • Bungholio's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #51279 by Bungholio
Hiya

I'm trying to use the Sleek template because that's the one the customer wants but, on every Joomla template (except Atomic which has no CSS) including the one I created myself in Artisteer 4, the entire navigation system (controls, background and thumbs) are totally skewed.  Obviously, it's a CSS issue but, for the life of me, I can't work out what or where.  Bearing in mind that this is happening with Joomla's inbuilt templates, it's rather worrying.  The same thing happens with all other FPSS templates apart from Movies, Rasper, & KeeSports.  I've tried all the jQuery liobararies, tried going with and without the embedded CSS option (currently enabled) and am flat out of ideas.

Anyway, the site is fxtest.pompomgrafix.com - any help I can get would be most appreciated because this site is supposed to go live tomorrow.  LOL 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #51280 by Katia
Did you enable the navigation bar via the FPSS module parameters?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Bungholio
More
11 years 6 months ago #51281 by Bungholio
It's enabled by default - I only get the option to disable it.  I'm pretty familiar with FPSS having used used it successfully on several sites previously but this is the first time I've used a template other than Rasper or Movies. 

As a matter of course, I tried FPSS on a clean Joomla install (2.5.7) using only the stock templates and still ran into the same problem.  I adjusted all the parameters individually but no luck and I don't want to start adjusting coding because I'm not confident that I know where the problem is or how to fix it. 

More
11 years 6 months ago #51282 by Katia
You have css conflict with your template.
Try to create overrides for the Sleek template css file you have and add the !important property there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Bungholio
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #51283 by Bungholio
Thanks Katia...I know it's a CSS conflict, I said as much in my initial post but, no matter how many overrides I put in, I still have the same issue with the positioning of the thumbnail background (pseudo-container) and previous buttons.  The only way I can get around it is to manually change the 'top' value from the default of 6px to something approaching 36 which sort of works in IE & Firefox but doesn't do a thing in Safari...and even then, I'm left with a 'previous' navigation button which is 30 pixels too high in the container.

I can adjust pretty much everything else as you can see from the test page URL - all the colours are customised, the fonts, navigation buttons colours etc so I clearly do have a clue as to what I'm doing...except where the pseudo-container and the previous button positionings are concerned.  Given that I have this exact same issue with the standard Joomla templates on clean install and no amount of !important tags change that positioning, the issue would appear not to be a simple CSS conflict but something a little more complex.  Obviously, I would love you to prove me wrong and I will apologise profusely but I've spent so long staring at the coding and adjusting values one by one that I'm starting to have nightmares involving FPSS and lines of psychotic killer code which is never good.

I'm more than happy to post up the entire CSS of the Sleek template to show changes made but, given that the entirety of the CSS output is embedded in the page header, that shouldn't be necessary.  What I need is for somebody to look at the issue I'm having and tell me exactly how to fix it because stuffing around with the FPSS template code isn't accomplishing anything positive.

UPDATE - Okay, I'm now at a position where I've hacked around the CSS and used an absolute right and bottom 16px value instead of absolute & top 6px and I've enlarged the height of the pseudo-container...that part of things is fixed but I still have an issue with the navigation-previous element.  It's about 6 px above where it should be.  Looking at the css, there is a positioning definition for the navigation-next which has always been in the right place but the navigation-previous statement seems to have no definition as to where it should be placing the image...that one I know I'm not going to be able to solve by experimentation so that's the one I need expert help on please.

More
11 years 6 months ago #51284 by Katia
I assume you have solved your issue, since the slideshow looks perfect!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Bungholio
More
11 years 6 months ago #51285 by Bungholio
Nope...read the update I posted above...navigation-previous is still stuffed.

• Bungholio
More
11 years 5 months ago #51286 by Bungholio
Nearly three weeks and still no response...awesome support there, folks.  Given that I had problems with the stock Joomla templates on a clean install, there is obviously something within FPSS itself that hasn't been coded right but the only advice I get is to add !important tags to everything which, apart from being sloppy coding, didn't work anyway.  And they wonder why people get pissed off?

Here's an idea...why don't I just use WOWSlider instead...that works and their support department email you back within the day if you have a problem!