Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

More
11 years 6 months ago #58750 by Kostas Georgiadis
Replied by Kostas Georgiadis on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hello,

I have purchased the component and I have successfully tested it.

I want to build a directory using K2 in two languages (Greek (primary) and English).

I am using the following fields in K2:
Title, Category, Image, Item description, tag1, …, tag n, extra field 1, … , extra field n

I have made the translation of all the K2 field names in English using Joomfish.

When I use your component only the data for the primary language (greek) are inserted in K2. Is it feasible to use different CSVs (one for each language) so I will not insert manually the translation in Joomfish (now for each item I have to go to Joomfish, K2 items and edit the translated field contents manually. This is time consuming since I have more than 2000 items !).

Any ideas ?

I am using
Joomla v1.5.25
Joomfish v2.1.3
K2 v2.5.7
K2 import / export v0.9 stable

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
11 years 6 months ago #58751 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi,
sorry the extension just import items into K2, not Joomfish - this is an other extension.

More
11 years 6 months ago #58752 by jarod159
Hi man!
i've just bought the component (transaction id 7E279573T9850502) but i need help because i'm going to import a lot of articles that contain "," so i'm encountering problem with component delimiter.

Is it possible to change the delimiter with something else? (for example ||)

thanks a lot!

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #58753 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Text has to be included between " " then a , is also no problem

Should look like:

"Title","Alias","Introtext"
"Title Article1","alias-title-article1","Example with a lot of ,,, but this does not make Problems and even "" are fine if there are double "" Introtext"

You can also just make an export to have an example.

More
11 years 6 months ago #58754 by gerald sisimayi
Replied by gerald sisimayi on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hello,

Great little application. I have used it to import successfully but my question is how to I import actual options for a K2 Item?

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #58755 by Individual IT
what do you mean by "options" the "extra fields"?

More
11 years 6 months ago #58756 by gerald sisimayi
Replied by gerald sisimayi on topic Re: Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hello there,

Thanx for replying. What I mean is - say I want to import a field called eye colour, I also want to bring in its options such as brown, green, grey etc - how would I do this ?

Thx

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #58757 by Individual IT
first create the extra field in K2, associate it with a group and greate 2 or 3 items in this group with the different possible extra field values.
The make an export with the k2 import / export tool and you have an example file you can work with,

More
11 years 6 months ago #58758 by gerald sisimayi
Hmmm,

Ok I understand. It would still be long for me since I have over 100 questions with some have 10 - 30 options - I wanted to avoid entering all this but thanx good sir, I get the idea.

I more question - I have a database on the system - How would I export its pictures,? I cannot see the picture column

Thanx in advance

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 6 months ago #58759 by Individual IT
As its says in the description the tool can import images but not export them. The reason is the way K2 stores them.