Keyword

Multiple Authors for Content

• Joshua
  • Joshua's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #59536 by Joshua
Multiple Authors for Content was created by Joshua
It would be really cool if a article had the possibility of having multiple authors. I've searched all through the forums. Perhaps either a button "Add Another Author", or a simple comma to separate the usernames on the Article Owner list. This would make it so another user (author) could edit the article as well. This would then change the need to make all my users a editor which increases the security of people's content if this feature was added.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #59537 by krmr
Replied by krmr on topic Re: Multiple Authors for Content
you can set up different groups of editors to edit in different categories, but you cant have multiple users creating one article. as far as i know thats standard for any cms acl.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #59538 by Thomas Murray
Replied by Thomas Murray on topic Re: Multiple Authors for Content
I have this problem.

Someone posted an article via K2 and the category page lists the author as me or whatever my username is. If I am not logged in it lists the author as "Guests." However when I click the article title the actual article page lists the correct author.

Still waiting for help with this problem before the true author think I'm trying to steal their thunder.

More
12 years 4 months ago #59539 by Jonathan Neubauer
Replied by Jonathan Neubauer on topic Re: Multiple Authors for Content
We've run into this problem many times with academic sites and large news agencies.
We got around the single author requirement with a custom extrafield we designed that pulls from the K2 authors and allows you to select multiple authors to display as the authors for the article.

Hope that helps!

More
12 years 4 months ago #59540 by Railer
Replied by Railer on topic Re: Multiple Authors for Content

Jon Neubauer wrote: We've run into this problem many times with academic sites and large news agencies.
We got around the single author requirement with a custom extrafield we designed that pulls from the K2 authors and allows you to select multiple authors to display as the authors for the article.

Hope that helps!

Hi Jon,

I'm interested in this feature and was wondering if you have any code you'd be willing to share?

Thanks,
railer

More
11 years 9 months ago #59541 by Railer
Replied by Railer on topic Re: Multiple Authors for Content
Hi Jon,

If you get this, please return to the K2 thread and post how you got an extra field to link to the K2 database and pull authors names and also link to their profiles?

Thank you,
railer

More
7 years 3 months ago #160583 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Re: Multiple Authors for Content

Jonathan Neubauer wrote: We've run into this problem many times with academic sites and large news agencies.

Hope that helps!

I would like to do this exact thing as long as the additional author name is linked to all their k2-items.

Does anyone know how to do this?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #160588 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Multiple Authors for Content
You can add extrafields in which you can enter the name and the slug of the author.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 3 months ago #160617 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Multiple Authors for Content
Would that be dynamic code for the slug? An item author is not going to be able to write author specific code.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #160653 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Multiple Authors for Content
You can use urlencode() based on the author's name to manually create the tag but this still prone to user error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)