Keyword

Readmore causing mental health issues.

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #59547 by Robert
Hi. I'm a complete noob to Joomla! and php in general. Finding K2 was a major breakthrough. You guys have solved tons of problems for me, so thanks for that. This software rocks and I can't believe it offers so much for free. I ever have any money, I'll spend it here.

I have an ongoing nightmarish issue, though, that has delayed the delivery of my first ever web site to my first ever web client: It's called Readmore/Pagination.

I've searched all over for the solution to this, but I can't find anything that works. Here is the url for the site I'm working on:

www.mamachills.com

See where it says "That particular mirror can work magic - in the right spot?" Right after that, there's a readmore link. As you can see, it's not exactly working. Also, there are no pagebreaks in it right now, but I do need pagebreaks, as well, and when I add those, they don't work, either.

I've tried or checked the following:

1) I'm running the latest versions of Joomla! and K2.
2) I've enabled pagebreaks and readmore links everywhere I can find as well as showing intro text and setting word limits for the intro text everywhere.
2) I'm not running that sef404 or whatever that is - just regular Joomla! SEF (whatever THAT is.)
4) I am using Artisteer templates, and I DID find on their forum where there was an issue with pagebreaks. I fixed that, according to them. They left out some brackets in an IF/ELSE statement or something in the template css. That didn't break anything further, but it didn't fix the problem.
5) On the last two installs, I downloaded all kinds of pagebreak components and none of them worked, either. This install is clean from any of those. The only other 3rd party plugin I'm running right now is PHPEditor, and I have edited the images in that article with that. (Don't know if that makes a difference or not.)

I'm really at my wit's end with this small but important feature holding up the whole thing. I've reinstalled twice now and started over, only to end up back at this same problem.

Any help anyone can suggest would be much appreciated. I'd be thrilled if someone would login and take a look - it's quite likely I'm missing something completely boneheaded.

Thanks for K2. Even if I just have to work around this issue, K2 more than rocks.

PS - While I'm asking for things, I really can't stand how adding the readmore link bolds all that intro text and makes it gigantic, so if someone could point me where to change that, I'd appreciate that, too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #59548 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Re: Readmore causing mental health issues.
to stop the boldness:

.itemIntroText

It's a class, you probably need to look in:
components > K2 > css > k2.css

Unless you have put it in your own template css file, or you would prefer to. I personally wouldn't advise it just for this instance, but there again if K2 updates, it might update the css file, and then it would change back. So perhaps it is easier for you to put it in your own template.

As for the read more. it's a template issue by the sounds of it. It won't be purely CSS I don't think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.