Keyword

www.totalhealthmagazine.com

• FlyingScot
  • FlyingScot's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 11 months ago #65607 by FlyingScot
www.totalhealthmagazine.com was created by FlyingScot
Health content website with many contributors. In the process of converting an old static site. Using Joomla 2.5.4 and K2 2.5.6

Really happy with the results so far.

I have to say...anyone using K2 has to learn how to use the K2-overide.css file. I've been using the code inspector in Firefox and finding the entries I want to change and just adding them to the k2-overide.css and presto...listo...fixed. I've been able to change my fonts, menus, layouts very easily and the site is really starting to look the way I want it. Thanks K2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FlyingScot
  • FlyingScot's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #65608 by FlyingScot
Replied by FlyingScot on topic Re: www.totalhealthmagazine.com
Made what I hope is a good SEO change. I wanted to change my item/article titles from H2 to H1. I checked with Google tech support and having a couple of H1 tags on the page is okay as long as they make sense. I am hoping the change will give my health articles a little more relevance. I'm using a Joomlart template (JA_Anion) Joomla v2.5.8 and K2 v2.5.7. I tried updating my K2 to 2.6.2 but it broke the Advanced Module Manager plugin/display which I really need so I am hoping they can fix that so I can upgrade to the latest version.

So here is how you do it:

Download the "your-template/html/com_k2/default/item.php" file and change the following bit of code. You can see the H2 tags. Just replace them with the H1 and upload...yer good to go.

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemTitle')): ?>
<!-- Item title -->
<h2 class="itemTitle">
<?php if(isset($this->item->editLink)): ?>
<!-- Item edit link -->
<span class="itemEditLink">
<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('K2_EDIT_ITEM'); ?>
</a>
</span>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php echo $this->item->title; ?>

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemFeaturedNotice') && $this->item->featured): ?>
<!-- Featured flag -->
<span>
<sup>
<?php echo JText::_('K2_FEATURED'); ?>
</sup>
</span>
<?php endif; ?>

</h2>

and don't forget to make regular Akeeba backups...I spent several hours trying to figure out how to do this, changing many files both css and php and just as I figured it out I broke my site. Luckily I had made a backup last week and was able to restore the site and only had to add a few articles that had been added since the backup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.