Keyword

URL Rewrites for Categories - suffixes and lack of

• Lee Coursey
  • Lee Coursey's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #67340 by Lee Coursey
I have been integrating a K2 install in to a new install of joomla. I am using sh404sef to do URL rewrites.

The problem that I am having is in the linking to a category in K2.

For example, imagine the Main Menu module with links to the category and sub-category, so ...

Category1
SubCat11
SubCat12
SubCat13

My problem is when I link to SubCat11, the URL in the Menu Module is site.com/Categor1/SubCat11

When I follow the K2 links, and, for example, click on Category1 in the Menu Module, it takes me to a page that shows me the categories. The URL for the same SubCat11 is now site.com/Category1/SubCat11.html (.html has been added).

How do I correct this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #67341 by Lefteris
Hi. Are you using any SEF extension? If so check the extension settings. There is also a setting in the Joomla! confguration,

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Lee Coursey
More
11 years 10 months ago #67342 by Lee Coursey
I am using sh404sef as stated above. It is the latest version available on their site that is not BETA.

I have checked the setting for the SEF (and, truthfully, have succcessfully used this extension with 20+ sites before, just not with K2 before) and did not find anything specific to K2. I know it works, but I don't know how to fix the issue.

More
11 years 10 months ago #67343 by Lefteris
You mean that only links generated in K2 do have this issue? Also did you check the setting both in SH404SEF and Joomla! global configuration? A link to your site will be very helpful.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Lee Coursey
More
11 years 10 months ago #67344 by Lee Coursey
I'm developing locally, not live, so I can't link you through.

yes, i checked the settings in sh404sef and Joomla. The problem is with automatically generated category links within the K2 environment. If I click on (in the example above) Category1 then K2 will automatically show me SubCat1, 2, and 3 as links. Those links contain the suffix .html instead of just showing as mysite.com/Category1/SubCat1/

Any ideas?