Keyword

mod_k2_content Joomla 1.15.11 K2 v2 prerelease (stable) Limit Words

• ecom4u
  • ecom4u's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #68376 by ecom4u
I think it is a bug but also it is a feature !?!?!?

Can you limit the word by article that was shown on the module

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #68377 by FeSys
Yea..
This is must for the front page
Smooth and well designed/decorated sens of the front page only occur when articles words and images can be customized.

I agree with you Thomas

More
14 years 10 months ago #68378 by BDGStrategie
There was a Bug in K2 V2 Pre-release regarding the "word limit Functionnality" that has been corrected by Lefteris Kavadas (thanks to him) in the new K2 Pre-release 20090701 (See : k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/item-introtext-word-limit-not)

BUT the problem is that the "Item Introtext word limit" that you can change in the categories options works ONLY with the FrontPage Layout. I don't know if it's a bug or not but it would be useful to also have this word limit in the mod_K2_content.

The coolest function would be to be able to set a word limit AND a number of Char. limit in the mod_K2_content. Designers would be able to have a precise control on the display.

Fotis, Lefteris, could you please implement that option for us in mod_K2_content ? Thanks a lot for your help !

N.B : Thomas, I've added a line of code in one of the mod_k2_content files (helper.php I think) to fix a word limit but as I didn't wanted to modify the database, I've put the word limit directly into the code (not really clean but as K2 is still in "pre-release"...). If you want me to explain you how I've done it...