Keyword

k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???

More
14 years 7 months ago #69623 by Mark Mintler
Replied by Mark Mintler on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
just tried with no editor and still get the same error. I don't understand since K2 and SIG are both made by Joomlaworks why they don't work seamlessly. I would buy the pro version if I thought it would work but I won't take the risk.

Tomasz Bielinski said:Upgraded to v2.1 and have got SIG Pro. Now the gallery tab works fine. I think that the Trick was in the Joomla editor configuration. Try to with "no editor" option in main Jommla configuraction. The JCE and other WyWSIG editors add the code which is not recognized by K2 gallery modul - I think. I don't know if upraded version of K2 helped here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tomasz Bieliński
More
14 years 7 months ago #69624 by Tomasz Bieliński
Replied by Tomasz Bieliński on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
SIG Pro is a must. That is said by folks smarter than me. Additionaly I checked again and found that there is not a matter of editor (mea culpa that I advised so) but the K2 bug (probably?)
To show the gallery on the front end the options in category/subcategory view should be "show gallery", and additionally in item view option "show" to view the gallery. If I have in item view gallery option set "like in category" - gallery is visibile only for admin not from the front! I think it is probably a bug
There is no need to change the names of the files to small letters or to exclude "_" and numbers (as was advised in other posts).

Mark R said:just tried with no editor and still get the same error. I don't understand since K2 and SIG are both made by Joomlaworks why they don't work seamlessly. I would buy the pro version if I thought it would work but I won't take the risk.

Tomasz Bielinski said:Upgraded to v2.1 and have got SIG Pro. Now the gallery tab works fine. I think that the Trick was in the Joomla editor configuration. Try to with "no editor" option in main Jommla configuraction. The JCE and other WyWSIG editors add the code which is not recognized by K2 gallery modul - I think. I don't know if upraded version of K2 helped here.

• Tomasz Bieliński
More
14 years 7 months ago #69625 by Tomasz Bieliński
Replied by Tomasz Bieliński on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
You should use Pro version of SIG (this way you can thank Joomlaworks for this great K2 component ;-)).
In my case Gallery works fine but remember to set in your article view options "show gallery". To set this option in category view is not enough (bug ???)

Lance said:Anyone made any progress on this??? I was able to upload photos in the K2 admin by renaming plugins/content/jwsig.php to jw_sig.php but now on the actual item page, it only shows the plugin tag {gallery}4{/gallery}. I'm using Jommla 1.514, K2 v 2.1 and SIG 1.21.
Lance

More
14 years 7 months ago #69626 by Valdis
@Lance : Check this thread with couple of solutions for current SIG free - k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/simple-image-gallery-bug

Lance said:Anyone made any progress on this??? I was able to upload photos in the K2 admin by renaming plugins/content/jwsig.php to jw_sig.php but now on the actual item page, it only shows the plugin tag {gallery}4{/gallery}. I'm using Jommla 1.514, K2 v 2.1 and SIG 1.21.
Lance

• FutureLight Studios
More
14 years 7 months ago #69627 by FutureLight Studios
Replied by FutureLight Studios on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
Here's what I did to get my site to work: I followed Javier's advice below. Additionally, I changed the following:

In /plugins/content/jwsig.php
Change Line 50 from:
$rootfolder = '/images/stories/';
to:
$rootfolder = '/media/k2/galleries/';

THEN, in /plugins/content/plugin_jw_sig/showthumb.php
Change Line 15 from:
$_image_ = '../../../images/stories/'.$_GET;
to:
$_image_ = '../../../media/k2/galleries/'.$_GET;

Javier Martínez,Paradigmaweb.com said:Hi you don't need the pro version.

just, look inside:

admnistrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php
admnistrator/components/com_k2/views/info/tmpl/default.php
admnistrator/components/com_k2/views/item/view,html.php
admnistrator/components/com_k2/views/info/tmpl/default.php
components/com_k2/models/item.php
components/com_k2/models/item/view.html.php

and change all jw_sig or jw_sigpro > jwsig

it also solve the problem of the hiden gallery tab. you don't need to rename the files jwsig.php and xml to jw_sig anymore :)

then, the previews of the gallery in the admin gallery tab are not showing. to solve it I did this.
in /plugins/content/jwsig.php

created this in any line:
$mosConfig_live_site2 = ("paradigmaweb.com");

found in lines 225 and 239 (the ones which start with "$html") and change
$mosConfig_live_site > $mosConfig_live_site2

Thats all.

• Naveen Kumar Sathiyanarayanan
More
14 years 4 months ago #69628 by Naveen Kumar Sathiyanarayanan
Replied by Naveen Kumar Sathiyanarayanan on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
At last because of this plugin... My SIG working fine... Thank you...
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 months ago #69629 by Jegatheesh Jake
Replied by Jegatheesh Jake on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
Hello naveen,, its works like a charm,, thankyou so much,,i'm originaaly from chennai,, this is my mail id This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , please try to contact me,,

Naveen Kumar Sathiyanarayanan said:At last because of this plugin... My SIG working fine... Thank you...

More
14 years 3 months ago #69630 by Buddy Q
Replied by Buddy Q on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
This made it work. However my lightbox is not working. Image opens up in a separate tab instead of lightbox. Also wondering if there is a way to crop and make all thumbs the same size so that the gallery can look good?

Buddy

Mark R said:just tried with no editor and still get the same error. I don't understand since K2 and SIG are both made by Joomlaworks why they don't work seamlessly. I would buy the pro version if I thought it would work but I won't take the risk.

More
14 years 3 months ago #69631 by HJM Cortooms
Replied by HJM Cortooms on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
Same here. Image opens in a separate tab. But a registered user gets the lightbox!
Buddy Q said:This made it work. However my lightbox is not working. Image opens up in a separate tab instead of lightbox. Also wondering if there is a way to crop and make all thumbs the same size so that the gallery can look good? Buddy

More
14 years 2 months ago #69632 by jfreeze
Replied by jfreeze on topic k2 works with Simple Image Gallery Plugin???
Yup, that did it for me too! Thanks

Naveen Kumar Sathiyanarayanan said:At last because of this plugin... My SIG working fine... Thank you...