Keyword

Simple Image Gallery bug

More
14 years 7 months ago #70202 by krmr
Replied by krmr on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
i use the free version and the solution that helped me is patch that came from FidelGonzale in this forum. search for it and upload/replace, after backup.
hope its been useful

greg said:I understand now. For us I think is different, we use free version, which worked befor update!

If anybody have a solution for free version, feel free to post it here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #70203 by FreakShowTM
Replied by FreakShowTM on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
i have modified K2 2.1 and Simple Image Gallery free 1.2.1..

please note that this is a temporary fix..
the mods that i made are marked by "FreakShowTM mod" without the quotes..
also please note that if you are going to use the modified Simple Image Gallery, the default folder is now on media/k2/galleries and not on /images/stories..

please let me know if this fix worked for you..
Attachments:

More
14 years 7 months ago #70204 by Pepex
Replied by Pepex on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
Hi FreakShowTM, Thanks, I installed your mod files, now I can see te: gallery tab but I get this message error:
Notice: Undefined variable: gd_support in C:\Archivos de programa\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\ribasagricola\plugins\content\jw_sig.php on line 87.
some Idea ?

More
14 years 7 months ago #70205 by 2ninerniner2
Replied by 2ninerniner2 on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
This worked properly on a local install :) Thanks!

What mods were done in the K2 portion? The SIG one is no prob as that is easy to uninstall/reinstall; I would like to try it on a remote test site but would prefer not to uninstall the current K2 2.1 first; just make the required mods 9if there are not too many :)

Cheers!
Lyle

FreakShowTM said:i have modified K2 2.1 and Simple Image Gallery free 1.2.1..
also please note that if you are going to use the modified Simple Image Gallery, the default folder is now on media/k2/galleries and not on /images/stories..

More
14 years 7 months ago #70206 by Mark Mintler
Replied by Mark Mintler on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
Freakshow,
Thank you!!! This is the first fix on here that actually worked for me. Thank You!

More
14 years 7 months ago #70207 by FreakShowTM
Replied by FreakShowTM on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
@greg

the changes that i have done on K2 are on the templates..
please see the attached file..

@Pepex

that's odd.. i haven't touched the GD2 library check codes.. i'll try to do some tests if i have time.. try installing the unmodified version of simple image gallery if it still displays the same error message.. if it still displays the same error message, it is not my code that's the problem..
Attachments:

More
14 years 7 months ago #70208 by Valdis
Replied by Valdis on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
You can try this mod of SIG free (I have already published earlier version on this board) - doesn't require changes in k2 itself and allows to work with in-text (gallery stored in default joomla media location) as well as item gallery (under k2 media).

* Changes from original SIG free:

* - upgrades slimbox used in plugin to version 1.57 (uses corresponding slimbox.js, mootools.js, slimbox.css and comments out old css info from sig.css)

* - enables/fixes support for regular in text as well as K2 image galleries

* - prevents merging of several gallery instances into one

* - adds edition indication to plugin name and version

Regards,
Valdis

greg said:Thanks FreakShowTM
I was really happy, when I saw in Gallery Tab, I was able to upload pictures!
I upload a zip, put in my article {gallery}11{/gallery}
And I've seen my gallery display in it !!! wonderfull !!!

BUT, when I try to edit again my article, it was impossible to open the edit popup !
Don't understand what happens !
An error is display in IE error on pge (in left corner) about mootools.js and modal.js

Do you have any idea.
Thanks anyway for your help, it's already a big progress !
Attachments:

More
14 years 7 months ago #70209 by 2ninerniner2
Replied by 2ninerniner2 on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
WOW! Works perfectly on a remote, live test site! Thanks so much Valdis :) I wanted to verify the inclusion of SIG in K2 before recommending to my clients that they should purchase the Pro version (for the added benefits - especially "titles and captions" and the ability to switch JS libraries, as SIG Free does NOT play with RokSlideshow). Now I can demo this ability and hopefully make another sale for JW :)

What I did was just uninstall the previous SIG free and then install yours, as I had not done the other "mod" listed here for the K2 templates. Worked as expected! Thanks again! :)

BTW, it was way back in April I believe, around the first K2 release, that a "certain someone" indicated that the K2-compatible SIG Free would be available "any day" ;-) ... hint, hint, nudge, nudge! :)

Valdis said:You can try this mod of SIG free (I have already published earlier version on this board) - doesn't require changes in k2 itself and allows to work with in-text (gallery stored in default joomla media location) as well as item gallery (under k2 media).
* Changes from original SIG free:

* - upgrades slimbox used in plugin to version 1.57 (uses corresponding slimbox.js, mootools.js, slimbox.css and comments out old css info from sig.css)

* - enables/fixes support for regular in text as well as K2 image galleries

* - prevents merging of several gallery instances into one

* - adds edition indication to plugin name and version

Regards,
Valdis

greg said:Thanks FreakShowTM I was really happy, when I saw in Gallery Tab, I was able to upload pictures!
I upload a zip, put in my article {gallery}11{/gallery}
And I've seen my gallery display in it !!! wonderfull !!!

BUT, when I try to edit again my article, it was impossible to open the edit popup !
Don't understand what happens !
An error is display in IE error on pge (in left corner) about mootools.js and modal.js

Do you have any idea.
Thanks anyway for your help, it's already a big progress !

More
14 years 7 months ago #70210 by Pepex
Replied by Pepex on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
Tnx, I will try

FreakShowTM said:@greg
the changes that i have done on K2 are on the templates..
please see the attached file..

@Pepex

that's odd.. i haven't touched the GD2 library check codes.. i'll try to do some tests if i have time.. try installing the unmodified version of simple image gallery if it still displays the same error message.. if it still displays the same error message, it is not my code that's the problem..

More
14 years 7 months ago #70211 by Thomas Scibilia
Replied by Thomas Scibilia on topic Simple Image Gallery bug
FreakShow,
I dont know what you did, but it works! Thanks so much.

Maybe you can detail your changes and tell Fotis about it cause this has been a problem for me for a while.

FreakShowTM said:i have modified K2 2.1 and Simple Image Gallery free 1.2.1..