Keyword

Removing the Article ID from the URL

• Heather
  • Heather's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #70758 by Heather
Removing the Article ID from the URL was created by Heather
What is the best way to remove the article ID from the SEF URL?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70759 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Removing the Article ID from the URL
The only way I can conceive of removing the article ID is by linking directly to the article. Personally, I would prefer to leave it for the sake of URL conflicts and Google news inclusion, which requires an article ID.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70760 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Removing the Article ID from the URL
My request would be to be able to maintain the category ID even after creating a menu ID link directly to a category, since using the default K2 category ID within the URL allows you to change the name of the category, which change the category URL, to anything you desire and still have it resolve to that category, so long as you have the category ID within the URL.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70761 by Darren Pinder
Replied by Darren Pinder on topic Removing the Article ID from the URL
FidelGonzales said:My request would be to be able to maintain the category ID even after creating a menu ID link directly to a category, since using the default K2 category ID within the URL allows you to change the name of the category, which change the category URL, to anything you desire and still have it resolve to that category, so long as you have the category ID within the URL.

Fidel,

Thanks for elaborating on the usage of the ID, but I think The Someex (and I) understand the requirement, but are still looking to remove the ID. Let's say for sake of argument that we know for certain all SEF URLs are going to be unique, therefore making the ID obsolete. Any way to remove the ID from the URL then?

Darren

• Heather
  • Heather's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70762 by Heather
Replied by Heather on topic Removing the Article ID from the URL
The solution I have started playing with is JoomSEF. Unfortunately, it looks like it will have to be customized for the K2 extension, as all URLs resolve to test1, test2, test3, etc.

A bit of a hassle.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70763 by Darren Pinder
Replied by Darren Pinder on topic Removing the Article ID from the URL
The Someex said:The solution I have started playing with is JoomSEF. Unfortunately, it looks like it will have to be customized for the K2 extension, as all URLs resolve to test1, test2, test3, etc.
A bit of a hassle.

Could I trouble you to post your solution here when you've cracked it? I'm having the same issue too, it would be a huge help!

Thanks

Darren

More
13 years 11 months ago #70764 by Francis Darren
Replied by Francis Darren on topic Removing the Article ID from the URL
Would love the solution too.

Darren Pinder said:The Someex said:The solution I have started playing with is JoomSEF. Unfortunately, it looks like it will have to be customized for the K2 extension, as all URLs resolve to test1, test2, test3, etc. A bit of a hassle.

Could I trouble you to post your solution here when you've cracked it? I'm having the same issue too, it would be a huge help!

Thanks

Darren