Keyword

Image cache questions

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Kelsey Brookes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #72523 by Kelsey Brookes
Image cache questions was created by Kelsey Brookes
I'm just wondering if it's possible to clear the image cache and have it automatically rebuilt?

I've been working on a fairly large site that makes extensive use of the various image sizes available in K2. Different areas have different presentations of the various images.

It's been working very well, but in the last day or so seems to have developed a problem - new images are showing up in the wrong size in item lists derived from tags. I haven't changed the size in the settings, but the new images are showing up wrongly.

This is also happening with mod_k2_content.

I've tried re-uploading images with no success.

Is there a way to clear the image cache and get it to rebuild the images properly?

Has anyone had any other issues like this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
14 years 7 months ago #72524 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Image cache questions
Look at this root: yourserver\media\k2\items\ and there you will find two folders called cache and src. At src are stored original images uploaded and under cache folder are same images resized to diferent width you have on your K2 settings.

rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Kelsey Brookes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #72525 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Image cache questions
Thanks for that - will it totally stuff up if I delete the cached images or will they be rebuilt?

Sure there should be a way to do this within K2 itself?

• olsen
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #72526 by olsen
I really dont know. I hasnt got needs to do something like that, and also didnt test it. But i think that if you delete those files they will not be rebuilt, and should be uploaded again.

rgds

Kelsey Brookes said:Thanks for that - will it totally stuff up if I delete the cached images or will they be rebuilt?
Sure there should be a way to do this within K2 itself?

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Kristiyan Ivanchevski
More
14 years 7 months ago #72527 by Kristiyan Ivanchevski
Replied by Kristiyan Ivanchevski on topic Image cache questions
It's not working for me. I have deleted all files from cache, and they expire from site. DO NOT DELETE THE CACHE.
K2 v2.1

More
14 years 6 months ago #72528 by anthony menzies
Replied by anthony menzies on topic Image cache questions
yeah, I'm experiencing the same problems. I deleted the images in the cache directory and now I cant get them to be rebuilt. This is frustrating, any ideas?

More
14 years 6 months ago #72529 by FidoBoy
Replied by FidoBoy on topic Image cache questions
VERY interesting question, i'm also trying to experiment with different image sizes and i can't see how to accomplish this task. If you delete the cache folder contents, images are not rebuilt, so they are only generated when you add the article and then you can't change the page layout to see the effect of different image sizes. Also i'm not sure about how to change the image size parameters for a given category or the entire component, i've changed it on the category parameters but changes are not being reflected in the front end view... How can i change default image sizes? (small, medium, large, etc)

regards,

• Kristiyan Ivanchevski
More
14 years 6 months ago #72530 by Kristiyan Ivanchevski
Replied by Kristiyan Ivanchevski on topic Image cache questions
You can do that bu changing the parameters in K2. But the problem here is how to rebuild already builded thumbnails with new sizes. If someone knows please tell or give a php...

fidoboy said:VERY interesting question, i'm also trying to experiment with different image sizes and i can't see how to accomplish this task. If you delete the cache folder contents, images are not rebuilt, so they are only generated when you add the article and then you can't change the page layout to see the effect of different image sizes. Also i'm not sure about how to change the image size parameters for a given category or the entire component, i've changed it on the category parameters but changes are not being reflected in the front end view... How can i change default image sizes? (small, medium, large, etc)
regards,

More
14 years 6 months ago #72531 by FidoBoy
Replied by FidoBoy on topic Image cache questions
I'm changing parameters in K2 but changes are not being reflected on the frontpage. Also, i'm now working on a patch to rebuild the image cache from sources. I'll post it here soon, when it's ready...

Kristiyan Ivanchevski said:You can do that bu changing the parameters in K2. But the problem here is how to rebuild already builded thumbnails with new sizes. If someone knows please tell or give a php...
fidoboy said:VERY interesting question, i'm also trying to experiment with different image sizes and i can't see how to accomplish this task. If you delete the cache folder contents, images are not rebuilt, so they are only generated when you add the article and then you can't change the page layout to see the effect of different image sizes. Also i'm not sure about how to change the image size parameters for a given category or the entire component, i've changed it on the category parameters but changes are not being reflected in the front end view... How can i change default image sizes? (small, medium, large, etc) regards,

• olsen
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #72532 by olsen
You can just resize and rebuild cache uploading again all images.
Yeah, we know all that this is not the best way that how K2 should work but by now its how K2 is desing it.

What it can be done, if somebody wants to resize images without uploading them again, is get under cachefolder->size to resize all images, and change width, through any image software and then upload them again to the same folder.

rgds