Database Error if K2 is installed

• Jonathan Dietz
  • Jonathan Dietz's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73339 by Jonathan Dietz
Database Error if K2 is installed was created by Jonathan Dietz
I am getting the following error whenever k2 is installed:

DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=0' at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_k2_categories WHERE id= AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=0

VERSIONS:
PHP: 5.2.4
MySQL: 5.0.51
Joomla: 1.5.11
K2: 2.1_build20090909

BACKGROUND:
I was able to install k2 and get it working without problem and was in the process of configuring it (so K2 was running smooth at one point.) I was setting up my K2 items and categories to mirror my joomla articles and categories in preparation for when i cut over the menu links to point to the K2 items instead of the joomla ones.

In doing so i had the K2 item and category names mirror the joomla article and category names. Once K2 was all setup i tested it by linking to one of the K2 items via my main menu and set the access level of the menu item to "special". when i reloaded the frontend that's when i got the error.

I tried all of these steps to get the error to not show up in the front end but none of them worked.
--Disabling the menu item
--Disabling the K2 items
--Deleting the menu item
--Deleting the K2 item and category

The only thing that fixed this problem was to uninstall K2. However, as soon as i reinstall K2 the error comes right back.

Also, the error was being displayed right where my main menu was and because i use sh404SEF, this was leading me to believe there was a conflict with the URLs that would have generated duplicate URLs for two separate content items.

Has anyone ran into anything remotely similar? Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73340 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Database Error if K2 is installed
Hi. Did you tried to disable sh404SEF?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jonathan Dietz
  • Jonathan Dietz's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73341 by Jonathan Dietz
Replied by Jonathan Dietz on topic Database Error if K2 is installed
looks like there was an additional menu item floating around that i did not notice. After i removed K2 the menu item type was removed and i forgot i created it so it took me a little while to track it down. Once i removed this menu item i was able to install K2 again.

thanks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #73342 by Serr.biz LLC
Replied by Serr.biz LLC on topic Database Error if K2 is installed
Worked on the first issue, but now is causing another error...
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xx/public_html/components/com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php on line 106

More
13 years 9 months ago #73343 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Database Error if K2 is installed
Hi. Anyone having problems with K2 and SH404SEF please make sure that you are using the latest version of both.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)