Keyword

Cant get items to show up under a category.

• Pierre Balian
  • Pierre Balian's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74402 by Pierre Balian
Cant get items to show up under a category. was created by Pierre Balian
So, I am new to K2. What I have done so far... installed the latest version, created a category, created 2 items in that category. I then made a menulink type itemlist category. I select the one category I have made so far.
When I go to the menulink I get this:

Where the hell are the items in the category? and why does the link on the left link to the same page I am already at? I checked the RSS link and it contains the items that I want to display under the category.

I made sure the items were published, I tried setting the view between default and blog, I looked through all of the setting. I can figure this out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74403 by Louise Lever
Replied by Louise Lever on topic Cant get items to show up under a category.
I've had the same problem with a fresh install of K2. One category and one or more items do not get listed. However, when I imported the existing articles from Joomla! it worked well if I selected more than one category for viewing in the menu item category selection parameter.

If the selected categories are again edited and only one category is selected, then that category and some default category are selected (following my actions above this selects the About Joomla category by default). K2 does not appear to work correctly with only one category selected, and my initial attempts to create 1 cat/2 items will probably never work.

Louise

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 1 month ago #74404 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Cant get items to show up under a category.
Same problem here.

My Latest Items link doesn't work when it is configured to show only one category. However, when I set it to show 2 categories, the items star to appear.

I guess there must be a problem with the FOR EACH statement in the latest.php view of the templates.

I know really little php, so i can't figure it out.

This is a big bug.

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 1 month ago #74405 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Cant get items to show up under a category.
WORKAROUND!!!

Create a 2nd dummy category, and set its permissions to special. In the menu item that points to the latest items, configure it to show the dummy category and the one that you DO want to show.

It should show only the items of the PUBLIC category. Only special users will see the title of the dummy category show up.

:D

cheers from Guatemala!