Keyword

Articles in multiple Categories...how?

• AdPirate
  • AdPirate's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74569 by AdPirate
Articles in multiple Categories...how? was created by AdPirate
Hi,

I want to put articles into more than one category. When I put a new article in, I can only choose one category from the drop-down.
Is it possible to show an article in multiple categories? How?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74570 by Jeff Whitmore
Replied by Jeff Whitmore on topic Articles in multiple Categories...how?
Sorry I don't know if you can put it in multiple categories, but you could probably accomplish something similar using tags.
Otherwise I would say you make a copy of an article and move the copy to another category. Of course if you ever wanted to edit one article you would then need to repeat the edits in your copied article. At least that's how I see it at this stage in the K2 development.

More
13 years 5 months ago #74571 by HankBrown
Replied by HankBrown on topic Articles in multiple Categories...how?
Hello everyone ... I am currently keeping myself busy with K2 too and just as all the other here (in several threads of the forum) I am looking for multi-category publishing of a single item! However, during my research for a solution I came across a thread in people.joomla.org ... check it out: people.joomla.org/groups/viewdiscussion/112-Multiple+Categor...

Apparently this guy, named Jason Hart, did some work on an own MultiCat-solution for K2 already. Sure, it is only an Aplha-Version and only in combination with K2 v.2.2 but it might be a good start for a complete solution to our all problem ... don't you think so too? I am unfortunately not a professional progammer myself but maybe you guys or the people of the K2-development team can give this guy Jason Hart a hand in what he already has started ...

Here is his website with the current Alpha-Version of K2 MultiCat as download: www.developmii.com/downloads/k2-multicat.html

More
12 years 8 months ago #74572 by Feanor Finwe
Replied by Feanor Finwe on topic Articles in multiple Categories...how?
In developmii mod is bug - first you must create some content in joomla and then import to K2 (else in the categories aren't items). Then it work fine :)

More
12 years 8 months ago #74573 by Feanor Finwe
Replied by Feanor Finwe on topic Articles in multiple Categories...how?
But tags are a better solution.

Feanor Finwe said:
In developmii mod is bug - first you must create some content in joomla and then import to K2 (else in the categories aren't items). Then it work fine :)