Keyword

Disable comments / Turn off comments

More
13 years 11 months ago #75338 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Disable comments / Turn off comments
Try turning on comments globally,
use the sub categories item view to turn it off for a certian category.
I assume you are talking about the Tour, Biker, and video blog items, and they may all be sub categories of Berichte
The topic has been locked.
  • Christian Krassnitzer
More
13 years 11 months ago #75339 by Christian Krassnitzer
Replied by Christian Krassnitzer on topic Disable comments / Turn off comments
hi william! i found my mistake... under usergroups -> registered was only for the category "Biker-blog" allowed to write comments... thank you very much for your help in this case!

my next problems with k2:
1) SIG: 1 image works, imagegallery does not work
2) Style at "Video-Blog" - video is under vote, shareing and so on...

best regards
Christian

William White said:Try turning on comments globally,use the sub categories item view to turn it off for a certian category.I assume you are talking about the Tour, Biker, and video blog items, and they may all be sub categories of Berichte
More
13 years 11 months ago #75340 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Disable comments / Turn off comments
There are lots of threads about SIG. The most relevant information is you need to use SIG Pro, which doesnt cost that much for things to work correctly as far as i have read. There is also sometimes an upload file limit with servers that you have to deal with. Best solution for that is to correctly size the pictures for the internet before adding them to your zip file to create the gallery in K2. (smaller is usually more better, more faster)
More
13 years 11 months ago #75341 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Disable comments / Turn off comments
Hi Guys,

Just elaborate, there has been some confirmation that server setups to can also be a factor in both SIG free and Pro as well as AllVideos not uploading.
community.getk2.org/xn/detail/3536014:Topic:56509?xg_source=activity

@Christian. It is possible to modify the item.php file and move both the Gallery and Video blocks.
I always move them between the fulltext and created date blocks, as for me, they are part of the posting, so no need to have them right at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you need further information, I might even turn that into a tutorial on K2Joom.com

Simon
K2 Support

William White said:There are lots of threads about SIG. The most relevant information is you need to use SIG Pro, which doesnt cost that much for things to work correctly as far as i have read. There is also sometimes an upload file limit with servers that you have to deal with. Best solution for that is to correctly size the pictures for the internet before adding them to your zip file to create the gallery in K2. (smaller is usually more better, more faster)