Keyword

Latest items view: content restricted to one column

More
13 years 8 months ago #77730 by Eclat
HI I am having the exact same problem and this is proving to be most frustrating. All of the latest items display vertically in one column and I looked at latest.php and there does not seem to be any setting to take the width/column from the parameters set for the menu item. I am not good enough in php to hack the code, any help would be really appreciated please!

Mauricio González said:WORKAROUND!!!
For the problem of the two categories published, but only one needed>

Create a 2nd dummy category, and set its permissions to special and dont it.

In the menu item that points to the latest items, configure it to show the dummy category and the one that you DO want to show.

It should show only the items of the PUBLIC category. Only special users will see the title of the dummy category show up.

MY QUESTION IS,

The primary, secondary and links configuration makes no changes in the "latest items" view, only in category view.

Taking a look at the file in the template folder, the "latest.php" file is lacking the php code that tells it to identify the primary, secondary and links configuration.

HOW CAN THIS BE SOLVED?
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #77731 by Lefteris
Hi. Which version of K2 are you using? Please upgrade to the latest stable version of K2. Also make sure that you are not overriding the bundled K2 template file for this view. If so check your code.

Eclat said:HI I am having the exact same problem and this is proving to be most frustrating. All of the latest items display vertically in one column and I looked at latest.php and there does not seem to be any setting to take the width/column from the parameters set for the menu item. I am not good enough in php to hack the code, any help would be really appreciated please!
Mauricio González said:WORKAROUND!!! For the problem of the two categories published, but only one needed>

In the menu item that points to the latest items, configure it to show the dummy category and the one that you DO want to show.

It should show only the items of the PUBLIC category. Only special users will see the title of the dummy category show up.

MY QUESTION IS,

The primary, secondary and links configuration makes no changes in the "latest items" view, only in category view.

Taking a look at the file in the template folder, the "latest.php" file is lacking the php code that tells it to identify the primary, secondary and links configuration.

HOW CAN THIS BE SOLVED?
Thank you in advance.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #77732 by Eclat
Hi I am using version 2.3. I don't believe I am overriding the default K2 template view as there is no option to do so in the parameters and I have not changed any of the core files.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Which version of K2 are you using? Please upgrade to the latest stable version of K2. Also make sure that you are not overriding the bundled K2 template file for this view. If so check your code.
Eclat said:HI I am having the exact same problem and this is proving to be most frustrating. All of the latest items display vertically in one column and I looked at latest.php and there does not seem to be any setting to take the width/column from the parameters set for the menu item. I am not good enough in php to hack the code, any help would be really appreciated please! Mauricio González said:WORKAROUND!!! For the problem of the two categories published, but only one needed>

MY QUESTION IS,

HOW CAN THIS BE SOLVED?
Thank you in advance.

More
13 years 8 months ago #77733 by Esben Gudbrandsen
Replied by Esben Gudbrandsen on topic Latest items view: content restricted to one column
I cant belive that this problem still exists as this thread started in january.

My website look like shit with only one column, so can u please provide us with a fix ASAP?

Does the creator of this component realize that this bug is extremly frustrating?

Eclat said:Hi I am using version 2.3. I don't believe I am overriding the default K2 template view as there is no option to do so in the parameters and I have not changed any of the core files.
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Which version of K2 are you using? Please upgrade to the latest stable version of K2. Also make sure that you are not overriding the bundled K2 template file for this view. If so check your code. Eclat said:HI I am having the exact same problem and this is proving to be most frustrating. All of the latest items display vertically in one column and I looked at latest.php and there does not seem to be any setting to take the width/column from the parameters set for the menu item. I am not good enough in php to hack the code, any help would be really appreciated please! Mauricio González said:WORKAROUND!!! For the problem of the two categories published, but only one needed> Create a 2nd dummy category, and set its permissions to special and dont it.

MY QUESTION IS,

HOW CAN THIS BE SOLVED?
Thank you in advance.

More
13 years 8 months ago #77734 by Esben Gudbrandsen
Replied by Esben Gudbrandsen on topic Latest items view: content restricted to one column
Imagine how amazing this site would look if the columns would act like i tell them to act!

geirangertaxi.no/taxi-cruise.html

More
13 years 5 months ago #77735 by MORGANE JACQUET
Replied by MORGANE JACQUET on topic Latest items view: content restricted to one column
Hello,

even the solution of Mauricio doesn't solve the problem of displaying the items in 2 columns.

I had to split my content in 2, to attribute half the original category (the one I wanted to display 2 columns), and the other half in this category created. But the bazaar for content management...

When this display problem will be solved ? given the number of people that are blocked for 1 year ?I'm a little ashamed to find this workaround, especially vis-à-vis my client... As you might guess :-(

Thank you in advance to developers who will look over.

Mauricio González said:

For the problem of the two categories published, but only one needed> Create a 2nd dummy category, and set its permissions to special and dont it. In the menu item that points to the latest items, configure it to show the dummy category and the one that you DO want to show.