Keyword

Joomfish - changing language changes category template, why?

• mattian
  • mattian's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #78709 by mattian
Hi, I'm new to K2 and am trying to figure it out. I use JoomFish and have been able to translate items. Problem is that when I press the JoomFish language-tag the display of the items changes all together. How is this possible? Does not the category settings come automatically from the original language settings? I cant see any category settings in Joomfish and can't figure out how this is possible. How can I make the category views the same in all languages?Appreciate any advise you can give me! Thanks!Amy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Georgopoulos Sotirios
More
14 years 1 week ago #78710 by Georgopoulos Sotirios
Replied by Georgopoulos Sotirios on topic Joomfish - changing language changes category template, why?
I have the same issue...with only differense is that it only happens in IE?!?!?!....
If anyone has a hint please shoot away cause i don't wanna have to go through the plugins again :(.
This is really weird since category settings shouldn't be translated/affected by joomfish.

More
14 years 1 week ago #78711 by Tarun
Hello,

i have had this type of problem few days back and i got the solution to translate the category and items according to language selection. Actually K2 and Joomfish do work together, check out this post on the Joomfish forums. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Tarun
www.instacommerce.net

• Georgopoulos Sotirios
More
14 years 6 days ago #78712 by Georgopoulos Sotirios
Replied by Georgopoulos Sotirios on topic Joomfish - changing language changes category template, why?
I probably didn't make myself clear but i already have joomfish installed and fully working.
Found the problem actually.
The client didn't paste the text from word to a notepad as i told her.
The result was the broken category_item template.
Nothing to do with k2 but my client and Idiotxplorer.

Tarun said:Hello,
i have had this type of problem few days back and i got the solution to translate the category and items according to language selection. Actually K2 and Joomfish do work together, check out this post on the Joomfish forums. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Tarun
www.instacommerce.net