Keyword

K2 item in Multiple Categories

More
12 years 10 months ago #79139 by Scott Prendergast
Replied by Scott Prendergast on topic K2 item in Multiple Categories
Hi Simon,

Well, it was very complex. And it is our first component, so we chose $79 as a starting price point to see what kind of feedback we get. We have sold a number of Joomla Multi Category components at that price point, but are always open to discussion on price/volume. I understand selling 1000 @ $10 would be much better than 50 @ $79 and I am open testing.

The details/instructions are all there. It is VERY easy to implement. It is a 1 click install, and it allows you to assign K2 items to multiple categories.

Send me your email and I will send you a copy for review.

THXScott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #79140 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic K2 item in Multiple Categories
Comparatively, $79 is quite steep. One example, is the Joomla Wordpress Component from CorePHP, which sales for $69.99 and works quite well and includes a functioning mobile Wordpress app capability and the coveted item posted to multiple categories capability. 

Perhaps with more time, product maturity and some positive reviews, the price tag would be well quantified. Considering the price point, though, I lean toward Simon's assessment and would consider $15 to $25 to deliver a greater return on investment than would the $79 price point. Consider that the lower price point would render a more forgiving customer base of bugs and the fact that the customer base would be far greater in quantity, allowing you to draw upon the experience of more people to achieve product maturity much quicker.

Thanks.

More
12 years 10 months ago #79141 by Scott Prendergast
We have sold over 30 Joomla Multi Category components at that price and not gotten a single complaint, so I am very confident it will do everything it is supposed to. We are doing some marketing for the products this week and will revisit pricing next week.

Thank you very much for your input.

THX

Scott

• Simon Wells
  • Simon Wells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 10 months ago #79142 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 item in Multiple Categories
Don't get me wrong, but I would pay $100 for k2 as that would be online with other major components for joomla such as rs tickets, jomsocial etc, but for a addon I would pay less.

It great that you have had some sales already, but do wonder if you would get much mote at a lower price.

I will send you a message later, maybe if it works well I can also help promote it via k2joom.

Simon

More
12 years 10 months ago #79143 by FidelGonzales
You're welcome. Furthermore, I commend your skill and entrepreneurial efforts.

More
12 years 10 months ago #79144 by Scott Prendergast
Thank you. And please don't take my comments the wrong way, we are always open to listen to constructive criticism/opinions of our work and business practices.

Scott

More
12 years 10 months ago #79145 by Scott Prendergast
Would love to talk to you about that Simon.

THXScott

More
12 years 9 months ago #79146 by Daniel J. Thurman
Replied by Daniel J. Thurman on topic K2 item in Multiple Categories
Has anyone found out whether or not this feature will be included in a future release of K2?  This is essential for me since I use Joomla! for all my clients' sites and use Joomla! with K2 as an alternative to Wordpress for blog functions.  K2 almost perfectly replaces Wordpress in every regard, but the only missing feature that Wordpress does, that I really really need K2 to do also, is multi-categorization.

More
12 years 9 months ago #79147 by juju
Replied by juju on topic K2 item in Multiple Categories
Wordpress have multi-category, draft system, preview system...

Seems there is any of these function in the future version of K2 I think... Only "faster and cleaner" system :/ ...

More
12 years 9 months ago #79148 by FidelGonzales
In my experience, which leans more toward Joomla than it does Wordpress, K2 has a distinct advantage of simplified templating, easy modifications and its native backend interface which is easy to explain to others and get them up to speed when posting that include photos, video and attachments. It's tagging system is potentially more useful and robust. I love it.

Where it falls short of Wordpress: Items cannot be posted to multiple categories, causing a quandary in some content structure logic. It does not have a mobile app, which allows users to quickly post via mobile devices. While there are advantages to being in Joomla, K2 inherits the hassle of having to migrate to newer versions every two years or so, causing great issues with cost, client relations and potential SEO / URL issues. Lastly, as previously mentioned, it does not a draft, auto-save and preview system, which has caused thousands of words to go missing because of session or database timeout (NOT WRITER FRIENDLY).