Keyword

frontend editor issues

• suesbarn
  • suesbarn's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #80013 by suesbarn
frontend editor issues was created by suesbarn
Hi,I am having problems with the front-end editor.Save: When a user clicks "save", the editor window just turns white, and does not close. The article is saved, but the editor modal page is left open. Is there a way for me to fix this?Browse Server: Also, when the user tries to upload an image, and clicks "browse server", they are allowed to view and access all the images on the server.Image URL: When the user clicks "browse server" and tries to input an image URL, nothing happens, but when they try to save, user sees an error message about "local file doesn't exist". Is this a bug, or are image URL's not allowed?Thanks, Suewww.lookmanogluten.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• suesbarn
More
14 years 2 months ago #80014 by suesbarn
Replied by suesbarn on topic frontend editor issues
Save: I have found that if the image being uploaded is larger than 1000KB, the editor window just turns white or shows and error. When the image is smaller than 1000KB, it saves fine. I would rather an error message shows up, not just having the editor crash for the user.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80015 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic frontend editor issues
Hi. Regarding the image uploading it seems that your server has a limit on upload file size on 1MB. It may also be a memory limit restrictions. Both of these are PHP's settings on your server. Also when a user hits browse server he can see all the images in images/stories and below. Finally the field is set to read only by design.

suesbarn said:Save: I have found that if the image being uploaded is larger than 1000KB, the editor window just turns white or shows and error. When the image is smaller than 1000KB, it saves fine. I would rather an error message shows up, not just having the editor crash for the user.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #80016 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic frontend editor issues
Hi Leftis,

I have the same issue, but my server allows larger images to be uploaded through the JCE image editor utility, or the media manager or the xplorer. My php.ini shows 12mb max uploads and memory limit of 32 mb (allenfamily.ca/info.php). The fact that I can upload files larger than 1 mb elsewhere in Joomla seems to prove that my php.ini is working.

I know that I am not the only person with this problem and the issues identified by Sue are shared by me. It is frustrating for users.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Regarding the image uploading it seems that your server has a limit on upload file size on 1MB. It may also be a memory limit restrictions. Both of these are PHP's settings on your server. Also when a user hits browse server he can see all the images in images/stories and below. Finally the field is set to read only by design. suesbarn said:Save: I have found that if the image being uploaded is larger than 1000KB, the editor window just turns white or shows and error. When the image is smaller than 1000KB, it saves fine. I would rather an error message shows up, not just having the editor crash for the user.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80017 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic frontend editor issues
Hi. K2 is resizing the image after uploading. PHP needs a sufficient amount of memory to do this. Note that this happens for every image five times ( one for each size ). If you are getting blank screen then it is probably a memory limit issue. Try to increase this in your php.ini. Also try to enable error reporting to get some more info about the error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• suesbarn
More
14 years 2 months ago #80018 by suesbarn
Replied by suesbarn on topic frontend editor issues
Thanks for the advice.

Has anyone else been able to use the "image URL"?

More
14 years 2 months ago #80019 by piperchick
Increasing the memory_limit helped. I had it at 32 MB which I thought would be more than enough for a single 2 MB file. I have it set to 62 MB and uploading the image now works. It seems a bit excessive for uploading a 2 mb image, though.

Turning on the debugging in Joomla doesn't work because the screen freezes and there is no error reporting. I didn't investigate any farther when I realised that increasing the memory_limit fixed my issue.

Thanks for the tip Lefteris. My non-tech users can upload images without having to edit/resize. A definite plus.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. K2 is resizing the image after uploading. PHP needs a sufficient amount of memory to do this. Note that this happens for every image five times ( one for each size ). If you are getting blank screen then it is probably a memory limit issue. Try to increase this in your php.ini. Also try to enable error reporting to get some more info about the error.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80020 by piperchick
Although I can upload larger images, when I do it from the front end, the lightbox window shows the home page within the window (as a copy, not transparent). Screen shot attached.

I should note that the image is successfully uploaded and saved HOWEVER the tags are not saved.
Attachments:

More
13 years 11 months ago #80021 by Γιάννης
Replied by Γιάννης on topic frontend editor issues
piperchick said:Although I can upload larger images, when I do it from the front end, the lightbox window shows the home page within the window (as a copy, not transparent). Screen shot attached.
I should note that the image is successfully uploaded and saved HOWEVER the tags are not saved.

Similar problem here. I have increased the max upload size to 60 MB. I am trying to upload a pdf file on frontend as attached but after some minutes i the ligthbox windows show the home page.

Any solution for this ?