Keyword

Import does not complete

• Mark McKeen
  • Mark McKeen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #80449 by Mark McKeen
Import does not complete was created by Mark McKeen
I tried a search on import but could not find any topics so I hope I'm not repeating an earlier issue.  I have about 3500 articles and I am trying to import them into my development site for testing.  The import runs for a minute or two and then just goes to a complete white screen.  It seems only about half of the articles are imported.  Anyone seen this before and any tips / help on what I can try?thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Global Exposures Web Services
More
14 years 1 month ago #80450 by Global Exposures Web Services
Replied by Global Exposures Web Services on topic Import does not complete
I get this result with a database of about 700 articles, it hangs after about 45 seconds with an error that says Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded...

• Mark McKeen
  • Mark McKeen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #80451 by Mark McKeen
Replied by Mark McKeen on topic Import does not complete
Your error sounds like a php error (and I guess potentially the same problem I am having). In your php.ini file you can set the execution time for your scripts. You might try making that a larger number and see if it finishes.

Rose Bowen said:I get this result with a database of about 700 articles, it hangs after about 45 seconds with an error that says Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded...

• Global Exposures Web Services
More
13 years 11 months ago #80452 by Global Exposures Web Services
Replied by Global Exposures Web Services on topic Import does not complete
I have even updated the maximum time to 120 and still get that same error. It has something to do with a file in the joomla library, arrayhelper.php, I think it's called. Even when I set php.ini to 120 I get the error about 30 seconds.