Keyword

To have core/3rd party plug-in and module work for K2???

• FeSys
  • FeSys's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #80536 by FeSys
To have core/3rd party plug-in and module that work naturally with joomla com_content, to work again with K2..What exactly needed. What hacks, addition, changes must done. Any Suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #80537 by Gobezu Sewu
@followeyes, are you referring to ability to have plugins work in the k2 items content, b/c if that is you really don't need to hack, it simply works as it, doesn't it?

• FeSys
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #80538 by FeSys
Hello "Gobezu Sewu".
By the way, your K2fields plug-in is one of the most needed idea and solution for K2.

Yes some plug-ins, work not all joomla 3rd parties.

My idea is to change the com_content in every module into com_k2 or something alike..
wwRocketheme.com made it with rockpager module, but I still don't figure how it works.
www.tools.gavick.com have very nice free tools that make K2 rocks if succeed to make them work.
Mainly most scrollable, slide-able.. modules needed to K2 for enhancement of the front page and categories interfaces.. Got the Idea "Gobezu".

Gobezu Sewu said:@followeyes, are you referring to ability to have plugins work in the k2 items content, b/c if that is you really don't need to hack, it simply works as it, doesn't it?

More
14 years 1 month ago #80539 by Gobezu Sewu
hi followeyes

i believe i do understand your point now, which is more related to modules - point i missed reading your post, and was focused on plugins - which works as they are

hmmm, well, as for modules, i am afraid you are out of luck here - and i hope someone can proof i am wrong, but it would require some drastic change to make it all come through, b/c the com_content modules does indeed wire themselves so hard into the jos_content table itself to feed data

but i do indeed here your idea and hope someone come with non-hack based solution....

Followeyes said:Hello "Gobezu Sewu". By the way, your K2fields plug-in is one of the most needed idea and solution for K2.

My idea is to change the com_content in every module into com_k2 or something alike..
wwRocketheme.com made it with rockpager module, but I still don't figure how it works.
www.tools.gavick.com have very nice free tools that make K2 rocks if succeed to make them work.
Mainly most scrollable, slide-able.. modules needed to K2 for enhancement of the front page and categories interfaces.. Got the Idea "Gobezu".

Gobezu Sewu said:@followeyes, are you referring to ability to have plugins work in the k2 items content, b/c if that is you really don't need to hack, it simply works as it, doesn't it?

• FeSys
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #80540 by FeSys
Thank you "Gobezu Sewu"
I feel you will do it one day.
For Now , I'll Buy the JX-finder from Jx-tended.

Gobezu Sewu said:hi followeyes
i believe i do understand your point now, which is more related to modules - point i missed reading your post, and was focused on plugins - which works as they are

hmmm, well, as for modules, i am afraid you are out of luck here - and i hope someone can proof i am wrong, but it would require some drastic change to make it all come through, b/c the com_content modules does indeed wire themselves so hard into the jos_content table itself to feed data

but i do indeed here your idea and hope someone come with non-hack based solution....

Followeyes said:Hello "Gobezu Sewu". By the way, your K2fields plug-in is one of the most needed idea and solution for K2.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #80541 by Paul MacLennan
Would it be possible to create some kind of "patch" to rewire the jtables to point to K2 instead of the native article manager in Joomla? This could apply to anyone who have completely moved to K2.

• FeSys
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #80542 by FeSys
Hi..Paul ..
Thanks for reply..
Not yet, but Guys at jseblod did it. I didn't figure out yet how.

Paul MacLennan said:Would it be possible to create some kind of "patch" to rewire the jtables to point to K2 instead of the native article manager in Joomla? This could apply to anyone who have completely moved to K2.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #80543 by Paul MacLennan
We need to send a spy :P

Followeyes said:Hi..Paul .. Thanks for reply..
Not yet, but Guys at jseblod did it. I didn't figure out yet how.

Paul MacLennan said:Would it be possible to create some kind of "patch" to rewire the jtables to point to K2 instead of the native article manager in Joomla? This could apply to anyone who have completely moved to K2.