Keyword

Another one of those 'frontpage' questions...

More
14 years 1 month ago #81008 by DKcrm
Hi...I know there's a lot of discussions about K2 and the Joomla front page, and some of them has answers like 'create a menu item with k2 latest/latest'... Very well..Done that, but it seems to only sort by the categories (or users if selected) by default, but as a kind of news provider, it would be more obvious to sort by latest news from all/selected categories sitewide. How can this be done?As it is now (as far as my knowledge lets me go) it sorts the articles first by the categories (or users) that you sort manually, and then, within the category (or user) section it sorts the news/articles by latest.....I just tried installing the Joomlaworks Ultimate Content Display module in hope to get around this, but this only pulls the articles from the Joomla Sections - There's no option to pull from the K2 categories... Which makes the module quite useless for k2 users as far as I believe...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81009 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Another one of those 'frontpage' questions...
Assuming K2 populates your home page, go to the default menu item (the one with the yellow star next to it) open in edit mode and scroll down toward the bottom on the right-hand side and you have the option of "Item Ordering" select your preference there. The order you select here will over-ride the selection for "Item ordering" as it appears in the categories (for the page for which the menu is selected).

As for UCD, I have no experience with that.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81010 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Another one of those 'frontpage' questions...
Hi Christoffer.

Piperchick has a valid solution you should try.

It is also possible to use the k2_content module to also be place on the frontpage, multiple times and set to look at different categories and ordered to latest first.
Depending on your Joomla template, you can then allocate to require module positions.

Any questions, please ask.

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 1 month ago #81011 by DKcrm
Ahh...

My menu item was the K2 latest/latest - which sorts by the categories selected.
By changing the default main menu item to K2 itemlist/category and select the sections/categories to be shown, I can make a front page layout similar to the Joomla front page... Thank you both for leading the way :)

Another problem now, is the component layout - If I choose a 2-column section, it will work fine in FF, but will fail and show only one in IE? - How can this be fixed?

• Francisco Caivano Zori
More
14 years 1 month ago #81012 by Francisco Caivano Zori
Replied by Francisco Caivano Zori on topic Another one of those 'frontpage' questions...
I have created a new k2 install to test it. But i cant make it load on front page, as Joomla Frontpage component does.

I chose "K2 > option from latest users/category". I chose category and select a lot of categories. But the websites still shows empty.

The menu is published as predeterminated (star) but doesnt work. Im running J 1.5.15 and latest K2. Help would be apreciated ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago #81013 by Simon Wells
Fransisco,

Have you enabled the menu module?
Do you have any items published to the selected categories?

We just setup a basic guide to linking K2 to the menu manager, perhaps we should now look at getting content displayed on the frontpage.

Simon

K2Joom.com

Francisco Caivano said:I have created a new k2 install to test it. But i cant make it load on front page, as Joomla Frontpage component does.
I chose "K2 > option from latest users/category". I chose category and select a lot of categories. But the websites still shows empty.

The menu is published as predeterminated (star) but doesnt work. Im running J 1.5.15 and latest K2. Help would be apreciated ;)

• Francisco Caivano Zori
More
14 years 1 month ago #81014 by Francisco Caivano Zori
Replied by Francisco Caivano Zori on topic Another one of those 'frontpage' questions...
hi, thanks for your reply, i will try what you say ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago #81015 by Simon Wells
We have just written a guide on how to create a Front Page menu with comparison between Joomla and K2 contents.

Can be seen here.

Thanks,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
13 years 11 months ago #81016 by Michael O
Replied by Michael O on topic Another one of those 'frontpage' questions...
Simon, link gives 404 error...

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:We have just written a guide on how to create a Front Page menu with comparison between Joomla and K2 contents.
Can be seen here.

Thanks,

Simon
K2Joom.com