Keyword

Adding more images to gallery - how?

• jeanette hustad
  • jeanette hustad's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81321 by jeanette hustad
Adding more images to gallery - how? was created by jeanette hustad
Hi,

I have created a gallery in an article. I would like to add some more images into the gallery. How do i do this?

As far as i can see i have to upload the .zip file all over again with all the new images. I cannot just add images.

If i go to Media manager, i am placed at the images folder and not the media folder.

How do you people solve this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81322 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Adding more images to gallery - how?
Hi Jeanette,

I know what you mean, I simply remove the gallery from the item, apply the changes than upload another gallery.

As this is a quick fix, not a perfect fix I have not done any further research to find a better solution.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• jeanette hustad
More
14 years 1 month ago #81323 by jeanette hustad
Replied by jeanette hustad on topic Adding more images to gallery - how?
Was afraid of that :-)

I hoped i just could upload the images into the gallery directory (the same way we do when we use the plugin by itselves). But since the gallery is not located in the \images folder i am not able to access it using Media manager.

Hopefully there will be a way to do this in the next release.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81324 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic Adding more images to gallery - how?
Hi Jeanette
You can use simple image gallery in normal way in your article by placing {gallery}image folder{/gallery},

please don't use image gallery tab for uploading gallery in zip format. so you will able to add or remove images as per your requirement by simply copying images in folder.
With best wishes.
D.K.Shukla

jeanette said:Was afraid of that :-)
I hoped i just could upload the images into the gallery directory (the same way we do when we use the plugin by itselves). But since the gallery is not located in the \images folder i am not able to access it using Media manager.

Hopefully there will be a way to do this in the next release.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81325 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Adding more images to gallery - how?
You can go into the following directory and simply upload images. SIG will find them without having to re-upload the zip file:

media/k2/galleries/[your gallery number here]

The number of your gallery is the ID number of your article.

I hope this helps.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81326 by d.k.shukla
Hi
It will not work until you insert following in your item html code.
{gallery}gallery image folder{/gallery}
D.K.Shukla

piperchick said:You can go into the following directory and simply upload images. SIG will find them without having to re-upload the zip file:
media/k2/galleries/[your gallery number here]

I hope this helps.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81327 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Adding more images to gallery - how?
Actually, it does work on mine without the {gallery} {/gallery} if you are using the K2 image gallery tab. Just upload the images into the directory media/k2/galleries/[your article ID number here]

d.k.shukla said:Hi It will not work until you insert following in your item html code.
{gallery}gallery image folder{/gallery}
D.K.Shukla

piperchick said:You can go into the following directory and simply upload images. SIG will find them without having to re-upload the zip file: media/k2/galleries/[your gallery number here]

I hope this helps.

• jeanette hustad
More
14 years 1 month ago #81328 by jeanette hustad
Replied by jeanette hustad on topic Adding more images to gallery - how?
Thanks guys, that sounds good!

But, one issue regarding this; in my case it is the admin who is going to add images and he cannot use ftp. The media manager is no good either, - any suggestion for how i can let admin access the media/k2/galleries ?
Or is it possible to change k2 so that images/galleries are saved at images/k2/galleries instead of media/k2/galleries ?

More
14 years 1 month ago #81329 by d.k.shukla
Hi
you are right but you will require to upload zip file having gallery images. Then you don't need to add {gallery} {/gallery} in your item html code.
If you want to add images in your gallery without re uploading zip file again then you will require to add {gallery}name of gallery folder{/gallery} in your html code.

piperchick said:Actually, it does work on mine without the {gallery} {/gallery} if you are using the K2 image gallery tab. Just upload the images into the directory media/k2/galleries/[your article ID number here]
d.k.shukla said:Hi It will not work until you insert following in your item html code. {gallery}gallery image folder{/gallery} D.K.Shukla

piperchick said:You can go into the following directory and simply upload images. SIG will find them without having to re-upload the zip file: media/k2/galleries/[your gallery number here] The number of your gallery is the ID number of your article.

I hope this helps.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81330 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Adding more images to gallery - how?
Hi Shukla,

Please remember, in SIG Pro, we dont need to manually add {gallery}image folder{/gallery}, it does this for us, one feature of of Pro version. You only need to do this in the Free version.

Jeanette, check the jw_sigpro.php in the plugins directory of the server.
Although I have not tried this, it does contain the setup for the link to media/k2/galleries.
Make a backup of the file and then try pointing it to the images folder if you wish.

Piperchick is correct, and I forgot, you can just load new images into the gallery as she says, so no need to enter the item to edit, just replace the image files. Also, if you are using captions, then you can replace the captions file too.

Give me a shout on MSN and we can walk through this to try and change the link to the gallery image store.

Simon

d.k.shukla said:Hi you are right but you will require to upload zip file having gallery images. Then you don't need to add {gallery} {/gallery} in your item html code.
If you want to add images in your gallery without re uploading zip file again then you will require to add {gallery}name of gallery folder{/gallery} in your html code.

piperchick said:Actually, it does work on mine without the {gallery} {/gallery} if you are using the K2 image gallery tab. Just upload the images into the directory media/k2/galleries/[your article ID number here] d.k.shukla said:Hi It will not work until you insert following in your item html code. {gallery}gallery image folder{/gallery} D.K.Shukla
piperchick said:You can go into the following directory and simply upload images. SIG will find them without having to re-upload the zip file: media/k2/galleries/[your gallery number here] The number of your gallery is the ID number of your article.
I hope this helps.