Keyword

Altering CSS--what should be so simple

• RepublicMedia.TV
  • RepublicMedia.TV's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81973 by RepublicMedia.TV
Altering CSS--what should be so simple was created by RepublicMedia.TV
Okay, I admit it...I'm stumped.   While I'm no newbie to the web nor CSS, I'm no expert either... but what I would have thought would be a simple alteration to the K2 default CSS just has me completely stumped.   I'm trying to alter the default CSS for the k2 in one of my news sites because it doesn't seem to be very compatible with the template we use causing the body text of the article to be huge and bold.   All I want to do is get the font size to be normal article text.   Can someone here help, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #81974 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Altering CSS--what should be so simple
It would be helpful if you provided a link to your site. If you don't want to publish it here PM me the address so I can help you with this.

• RepublicMedia.TV
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #81975 by RepublicMedia.TV
Replied by RepublicMedia.TV on topic Altering CSS--what should be so simple
Hi Yiota,

Thanks for the reply. The website is at www.republicmedianews.com. If you want to setup an account there I can bump you to admin and we can go from there.

I plan on using K2 to manage "writers" for this site. All of the news content is coming through the normal Joomla content system. We want to use K2 specifically for the writers for the other features of K2 and the cool user-publish features. I setup on category "features/analysis" withing K2 and had some people test it out, and everything posted okay and it looks great in the edit pane. But whenever it's viewed through Joomla and published, the text is huge.

Other than that little modification the default template would suffice just fine.

What do you need to help?

Yiota Ziaggou said:It would be helpful if you provided a link to your site. If you don't want to publish it here PM me the address so I can help you with this.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 3 weeks ago #81976 by Yiota
I assume that the page "features/analysis" is for registered users only, because I can't see it. Could you PM me access?

• RepublicMedia.TV
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81977 by RepublicMedia.TV
Yep. You're correct. I just setup that single category until we get this going.

Note the single feature posted under the front page module "Front Page Features"....

PUBLIC DOMAIN PLANT BREEDING

It displays nicely in the module, and, when I click on MY PAGE in K2 it displays nicely with the picture showing in the intro and all that. Then when you click the full article, you can see how the CSS is playing tricks and the font is huge. Format gets all screwed up:

www.republicmedianews.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1:public-domain-plant-breeding

I've setup an account for you. Sent you a PM with the login info.

Thanks so much for your interest in helping us. This seemingly little issue has really delayed the launch of an otherwise decent project.

Sam

Yiota Ziaggou said:I assume that the page "features/analysis" is for registered users only, because I can't see it. Could you PM me access?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 3 weeks ago #81978 by Yiota
I just saw both the item in the frontpage and inside. I believe you need to alter the k2.css in order for the text inside the full item view to be the same as the list view, without the bold. You need to locate the class div.itemIntroText.

• RepublicMedia.TV
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81979 by RepublicMedia.TV
Hi Yiota,

But itemintro text would affect the intro text. I need to change the main body text. I don't mind the intro text being bold. That's fine.

How do I change the body text in the CSS? That's what I can't find.

Sam

Yiota Ziaggou said:I just saw both the item in the frontpage and inside. I believe you need to alter the k2.css in order for the text inside the full item view to be the same as the list view, without the bold. You need to locate the class div.itemIntroText.

• RepublicMedia.TV
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81980 by RepublicMedia.TV
Well, this is weird. I went in and found the CSS and altered the tag like you suggested, but I don't see any changes. I'm wondering if I'm altering the wrong file????

Here's where I got it: republicmedianews.com/components/com_k2/css/k2.css

This must not be the right file.

Sam

RepublicMedia.TV said:Hi Yiota,
But itemintro text would affect the intro text. I need to change the main body text. I don't mind the intro text being bold. That's fine.

How do I change the body text in the CSS? That's what I can't find.

Sam

Yiota Ziaggou said:I just saw both the item in the frontpage and inside. I believe you need to alter the k2.css in order for the text inside the full item view to be the same as the list view, without the bold. You need to locate the class div.itemIntroText.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81981 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Altering CSS--what should be so simple
Hi,

Yiota is right, it will work, maybe you have cache on and need to clear browser?

Here is the link to the css that is being used: www.republicmedianews.com/components/com_k2/css/k2.css
Take a look at line 150 div.itemIntroText and remove the font-weight:bold
I just ran a test and it works.

I think the more interesting thing is why introtext is being used when the item is created and then being displayed with it, but that will fix your issue.

Simon
K2 Support