Keyword

How to make the 'Toggle Sidebar' always open?

• Clifford Sonnentag
  • Clifford Sonnentag's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #82020 by Clifford Sonnentag
Replied by Clifford Sonnentag on topic How to make the 'Toggle Sidebar' always open?
v2.2 here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #82021 by Yiota
I just downloaded it and installed it at a default joomla and it had this option. Is your version of January 7th, 2010? If not download the latest v2.2.

• Clifford Sonnentag
More
14 years 1 week ago #82022 by Clifford Sonnentag
Replied by Clifford Sonnentag on topic How to make the 'Toggle Sidebar' always open?
I actually figured that a new installation would fix this, but I also wanted to make a statement that someone isn't version tracking right.

Yiota Ziaggou said:I just downloaded it and installed it at a default joomla and it had this option. Is your version of January 7th, 2010? If not download the latest v2.2.

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 1 week ago #82023 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic How to make the 'Toggle Sidebar' always open?
So there's a v2.2.1 and v2.2.2 haha!
Im afraid to reinstall. My version of k2 has too many hacks here and there. :S

Thank you anyway.

• Clifford Sonnentag
More
14 years 1 week ago #82024 by Clifford Sonnentag
I feel the same way, but what you can do is use a program like beyond compare to compare version 2.2.1? and 2.2.2? see the changes and then either add them manually or do the inverse and see the difference between your version 2.2.1? and your 2.2.1? hacks, then readd your hacks to the version 2.2.2?

Wheew! Something like that.

I think the hardest thing about Joomla and K2 is easily finding what is possible with your installation from the administrators panel and what really needs to be hacked. I usually add a primer /* myusername added -explaination */ in my edits to easily find my hacks.

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 1 week ago #82025 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic How to make the 'Toggle Sidebar' always open?
ha! great great tip.

I usually define every hack from my template folder. but I know I touched some things where i shouldn-t have, hehe.

Ill try that beyond thing. Thank you man, see you around.

cliffclof said:I feel the same way, but what you can do is use a program like beyond compare to compare version 2.2.1? and 2.2.2? see the changes and then either add them manually or do the inverse and see the difference between your version 2.2.1? and your 2.2.1? hacks, then readd your hacks to the version 2.2.2?
Wheew! Something like that.

I think the hardest thing about Joomla and K2 is easily finding what is possible with your installation from the administrators panel and what really needs to be hacked. I usually add a primer /* myusername added -explaination */ in my edits to easily find my hacks.