Keyword

Why do some K2 items apprea under the wrong menu item?

• Lorne VanSinclair
  • Lorne VanSinclair's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82310 by Lorne VanSinclair
This one has me perplexed. I am using K2 to show real estate listings, I create a new item for each listing and place it in the appropriate category and sub-category. All works fine, the category page shows the listings but when you go to one of the listings, some - not all - display as if they are under the Home menu (which I've named "Start" on this site). That means modules that I've set to only display on the front page suddenly appear with the listing. Other than that, they act like they are in the correct sub-category, and they are. I can't for the life of me see why some do this and others don't. Sometimes I've just deleted the item and created it all over again exactly the same - and it works fine.I am using a Rockettheme Kinetic template but I tried using a template from another provider and it did the same thing. Web site is www.wesellorillia.com, it is live now as this bug isn't bad enough to stop it being used. If you go to Listings/residential, click on one of the first two that (currently) show, 438 Regent or 6 Courtney, the menu will indicate Start and modules from the Start page will appear under it. If you click on the third listing, 243 Bay, it shows the correct menu and no unwanted modules. Anybody have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.