Keyword

Adding an image to an extra field to show on article

• karmacows
  • karmacows's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82311 by karmacows
Hi,I`m very new to K2 and Joomla but have been playing around with both and I`m really impressed with both at ease of use. I`m just wondering if i can add an image instead of the name of the extra field when the item is published. For example, if i were to add an extra filed i would put the name in, make it published, add it to a group, give it a type (link as an example), and then give it its default values. I would like to be able to add an image so that it would display the image instead of the name when a new item is published and then the default value. I hope you understand what i`m talking about.I`m very inexperienced in scripting etc so please dumb it down if you can.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82312 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Adding an image to an extra field to show on article
Read the templating posts and instructions and get familiar with creating a custom template. After that, you could customize the item.php in your k2 custom template to do what you want, but it wouldnt be something you would want to put in the default item.php unless you were always going to use the same icons and fields every time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.