Keyword

Cutoff

• Trinity Myles
  • Trinity Myles's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #82434 by Trinity Myles
Cutoff was created by Trinity Myles
I created a blog article, when u click on blog all of the articles can be viewed in its entirety.How can i make it so that only a short piece of the article is displayed for each and would need to be clicked on to view the entire article? This is what it looks like currently www.soapoperalovers.com/soap/blog.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #82435 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Cutoff
Hi Triity,
You need to enable Introtext within the category, this can be done using the Parameters in the right menu in the category editor. Check it is enabled and also set the word limit.

Some further K2 Docs can be found at K2Joom.com

Just checked your link, looks like you have it fixed.

FYI, you see on the home page, Item Christel Khalil has a Baby Boy, this display differently to others at it has been set to display in a column of 2, but not enough items to fill the second column position, just incase you wondered.

Simon
K2 Support

• Trinity Myles
More
14 years 1 week ago #82436 by Trinity Myles
Replied by Trinity Myles on topic Cutoff
I set the introtext and now the image has disappeared, when i removed introtext, the image came back. What's wrong?

FYI, you see on the home page, Item Christel Khalil has a Baby Boy, this display differently to others at it has been set to display in a column of 2, but not enough items to fill the second column position, just incase you wondered.

Sorry but i don't understand what you mean by the above. I have also noticed that the comments don't work. And i don't see the tweet this icon even though it has been enabled.

More
14 years 1 week ago #82437 by Simon Wells
The image is missing because I believe, you have added the image into the the WYSIWYG editor along with the text.
You need to add the image to the Image Tab in the Edit Item screen for it to also be displayed with the introtext.

My comments regarding the column do not matter now as you have already changed the category view layout.

For twitter, have you added your twitter user name to the K2 Parameters?
For commenting, have you enabled that in the K2 Parameters as well? I recommend you register for reCaptcha so that you can enter the security keys in the parameters as this will then enable reCaptcha security to your comments form.

Simon
K2 Support

Trinity Myles said:I set the introtext and now the image has disappeared, when i removed introtext, the image came back. What's wrong?

Sorry but i don't understand what you mean by the above. I have also noticed that the comments don't work. And i don't see the tweet this icon even though it has been enabled.

• Trinity Myles
More
14 years 1 week ago #82438 by Trinity Myles
Thanks, got re capthcha and twitter working. I also got the image to show with the introtext, is there any way i can get the image to show at the top left instead? That way when users click on the link, the pic will be shown at the top of article instead of the right.

More
14 years 1 week ago #82439 by Simon Wells
Yes, it just needs to be styled using the k2.css, most likely by adding a float:left to the image.
This can be done for both category and item views

Simon
K2 Support

Trinity Myles said:Thanks, got re capthcha and twitter working. I also got the image to show with the introtext, is there any way i can get the image to show at the top left instead? That way when users click on the link, the pic will be shown at the top of article instead of the right.

• Trinity Myles
More
14 years 1 week ago #82440 by Trinity Myles
Can u tell me which code i am looking for and which css file?